VoLTE and 3g phase out

Will Mudita Pure support VoLTE (Voice over LTE)? All major carriers are phasing out 3g, tmobile already did and AT&T is planning to soon.

2 Likes

I believe it will!!

From this page

GSM module covers Europe, North and South America, Australia, Africa, and Asia. The module supports all currently used generations: 2G, 3G and LTE standards at the same time.

I don’t know what the difference between 4G and LTE but I pre-ordered yesterday and I hope it will work when it comes. I also very much hope it will work without VoLTE cause I don’t want to have data. Not having to pay for data saves A LOT of money. I currently pay ~$7 a month for just minutes and SMS, but with data I would have to pay ~$45 a month. $38 in savings every month. (I am on US Mobile, which is on T-Mobile).

@anon32618512 Is it possible to clarify this one? Thank you.

2 Likes

Basically this spelled the death of blackberry when the company didn’t convert their homemade OS to receive voice over LTE (4G is not actually 4G, it needs a push which is when LTE comes in. The innovation in all this was so you could have voice calls over the LTE network and not GSM) my question is, has mudita taken this into consideration? I am close to preordering as well but this is a big deal to know for sure if the phone will work as it should or not. I’m tmobile in usa too.

1 Like

For most carriers VoLTE is free of charge, so you are charged for Internet usage except VoLTE calls. Please contact your carrier to verify that.

As of today, we don’t have VoLTE support implemented, but we are aiming to deliver it for the release.

Cheers,
Lukasz

4 Likes

Dear Lukasz, has there been any progress on this in the mean time? I mean, you won’t even be able to even activate a SIM in the US for T-Mobile since Aug 4, because 3G will be turned of in January 2021. AT&T is doing the same for Feb 2022…

3 Likes

@thinkround Thanks for reaching out. I’m happy to tell you that Mudita Pure will support VoLTE on T-Mobile. It supports all LTE bands (particularly for T-Mobile: B2, B4, B12).

7 Likes

This is good news. AFAIK most MVNOs in USA run on T-Moblie and as of late 2020 have been forced to use VoLTE exclusively.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So just to be 100% sure: the Mudita Pure will work with VoLTE on 4G where there is no 2G or 3G network? I’m mainly interested in Europe, specifically Switzerland, France, Germany, Netherlands and UK.

3 Likes

Please, please, please, make this a reality! Some of us depend on this service to get a decent signal.

4 Likes

That’s great news!

1 Like