USA Testing of 1.3 Update

Verizon/AT&T:

• Messages are delivered in rare format. I text “Test” and it comes with 01200340232 instead of letters.
  • Calls work, but signal drops. Static is still present sometimes. The call starts well and then it deteriorates rapidly after a couple of minutes. Sometimes call drops.

T-mobile:

• Texts work
  • Calls work, but signal drops. Static is still present sometimes. The call starts well and then it deteriorates rapidly after a couple of minutes. Sometimes call drops.

Besides that, battery life seems a bit better. Nothing else to report so far.

6 Likes

Yeah it seemed at first the update was causing some measureable changes but it seems like we are out of luck if we live in North america. The phone just has too many issues. Happy I have moved on to the Lp2 and Punkt because I never had any frustrations with that device. Hopefully mudita can get the next device right and forget the SAR. The phone needs to connect simple as that.

4 Likes

But having the lowest possible SAR/RF/EMF is the whole point of this phone, so forgetting about it won’t help matters, frustrating though it may be. :confused: If that happened, I, and probably everyone else who bought it for that reason, would just return it anyway.

1 Like

There has to be a middle gound way of optimizing the connection / transmit/receive power that would provide better signal whilst still maintaining as low a SAR as possible. I guess that Mudita need to work on this, and probably set up field tests outside of their head office location / country since all the bulk of the signal problems aren’t obviosuly apparent where thay are based.
I’m still hopefuly that some of these optimizations can be done through firmware/software updates to the existing handsets.

5 Likes