Trick to silence text notifications

So I found this out by pure accident. But if you don’t want to hear text notification sounds all day long you can sideload activity manager via fdroid. Then you go to the settings in it and silence the notifications. Now you can uninstall activity manager, as long as you leave it in the off position for text notifications inside activity manager it will continue to silence text notifications after you uninstall the app. The only issue is you won’t be able to turn text notifications back on, but if thats okay with you then this is a way to silence text notifications without actually sideloading and keeping acitivty manager on your kompakt

1 Like

Oh wow! Thanks for this tip.

1 Like

@Cardiomannisback this is my dream function. Why do i need a text sound on a phone like I’m 80 years old? But can you help?

I’ve downloaded this activity manager and now find myself lost in the settings. How do I silence text notifications? Do you remember how you did it? Thanks for your help.