The Quest for a Dumber Phone

This past weekend, I came across this article, featuring none other, than our very own @Jose_Briones

I found it very informative & I think it outlines all the reasons WHY digital minimalism is going mainstream.

Personally, I think it’s the next digital devolution.

3 Likes

Yup. I can honestly say as I am waiting for my mudita to get here I have been forced to use my Unihertz titan pocket and I have immediately been sucked into my previous habits. I hate using a smartphone honestly, I am so much more at peace and have better mental health with a dumbphone. Have to wait till next Thursday for my Mudita to come, feels like forever.

2 Likes

@cardio79 One of the reasons why I love my BBQ10, is that it does have internet, but it’s not comfortable to be constantly on it. Like, I can use Whatsapp & email, but on a “as needed” basis. The screen & browser are not made for constant browsing or scrolling, but if I need to look up something quickly, it’s adequate for getting info.
By the looks of it, it seems the Titan would be the same way. Is it not?

2 Likes

Titan is a smartphone, and for me its as addictive as a iphone or samsung. You can use facebook, instagram, you name it. And you can browse with easy. Its a billion times faster than a q10 lol. There is no comparison between the two except the screen size which does not deter me from using it. Not sure why people classify it as a minimalist phone because it is NOT one at all

1 Like

@cardio79 WOW. I wasn’t expecting that. I love my BBQ10.
Does BB no longer work in Canada? Can you just pop in a regular sim card & not use the data service, but just use it for calls & texts?

I haven’t tested one in a long time but it should

1 Like

@cardio79 My friends in the US say it still works. However, there is no BB world, you can’t use the messenger & the Blackberry ecosystem is not functioning.
But calls, texts, and apps still work.

Yup, I left that word behind lol. Those were my fav phones specifically the blackberry classic, also liked the Blackberry passport as it was very unique but ultimately blackberry was very arrogant and did not change with the times. They never took the iphone seriously and not they do. not exist because when you are at the top you can’t let arrogance blind you. The moment you do the person gunning for your spot will overcome you as was the case with Blackberry. Sad cause they were a Canadian company so I was always bias towards them

1 Like