The one you've been waiting for: New update released- Mudita Harmony 2.0.0

In this update, we’re excited to announce some new additions and improvements to the one & only Mudita Harmony! :alarm_clock:

You can now add and play customized sounds (mp3, wav, and FLAC) to Relaxation. This feature is accessible using the Mudita Center version 2.0.0 or higher. (So, you first have to update your Mudita Center application & then you can update your Mudita Harmony)

In an effort to boost the stability of your computer connection, we’ve deactivated the charging feature when your device is tethered to a computer. This change will enhance the reliability of the connection. Moreover, we’ve made several adjustments to the icon layout for improved user experience. Also, we’ve fixed 12 bugs to ensure smooth operation.

Here’s a detailed rundown of our enhancements and fixes:

Home Screen:

• Added information about Harmony’s connection status to the computer on the Home Screen.

UX/UI Improvements:

• Updated the layout of battery status icons for improved visibility.
  • Incorporated missing translations in French.
  • Optimized Harmony’s battery life for longer usage.

Bug Fixes:

• Resolved an issue that prevented the alarm editing mode from turning off, causing the Harmony home screen not to return to its initial state after a certain time.
  • Corrected a problem where the time format wasn’t displayed in the 12-hour format on the screen.

Update:

• Fixed errors that occurred when updating to Harmony 1.9.0.

We appreciate your continuous feedback and support.

Thanks for being part of the Mudita community. :heart:

9 Likes

Hilariously and quite sadly I cannot update my Harmony (my new Harmony) yet again. I have had my Harmony replaced 4 times now (light leakage, frozen and unresponsive screen, could not update, could not update) and it seems almost like a cruel joke that after waiting almost 20 months I cannot get the one and only thing I’ve ever truly wanted from my Harmony…I will say no more other than I am frustrated and disappointed beyond measure.

5 Likes

@skilletsauce it is so weird! Let us help you with that. I’m so sorry, I know you’ve been waiting for this update for a long time. Our users don’t report such issues. It’s an exceptional case, I suppose…

@Grzegorz_Szmidt would you be so kind and help with this matter?

4 Likes

It actually isn’t odd at all. The device I had was the replacement device after my 2nd device froze and became unresponsive. Once the replacement device was delivered to me it could not be updated so I returned it and received the same unit that was updated in house but clearly not repaired. I mentioned this during my correspondences foreseeing this issue but it didn’t amount to anything since that very same device still cannot update by way of my computer so there is nothing odd or weird here at all. I received a defective unit and I sent the defective unit back and I was returned the same defective unit…

3 Likes

I remember. Personally, Natalia and I checked your copy, hence my surprise. :slight_smile: I received information from @robert_gwarek that he is handling your case, and you should receive a response from him soon.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding but I don’t know what can be done now. I have no confidence that this will not happen again and stubbornly my desire to finally have what I purchased in December 2021 keeps dangling ill fated hope in front of me. I feel foolish now that I backed the new Harmony because of this event… This is just so sad and frustrating.

3 Likes

@skilletsauce Just to cover all bases & make sure you didn’t miss any steps.

Did you make sure that you updated Mudita Center FIRST & that it was correctly updated? I had to go through the process twice because my computer’s antivirus wanted to make sure it was a safe file.
Then close out of Mudita Center & go back in, and THEN Plug your Mudita Harmony to the Computer.

2 Likes

Yes, that was the first thing I did. This was never an issue before I received the replacement unit after my 2nd Harmony became unresponsive.

3 Likes

@skilletsauce Hi André,
I have just responded to you through our support channel. Please take a look at your email inbox. I hope we can work through this issue!

5 Likes

UPDATE: After updating the center to to 2.1 and restarting the computer and doing a few factory resets of the Harmony I have been able to successfully upload a audio file. I do not want to hex myself by exhibiting any elation but so far so good. I will attempt to load another file.

6 Likes

@skilletsauce AWESOME! We’re keeping our fingers crossed.

3 Likes

UPDATE: #2
I managed to get the Harmony to upload another file. It seems that I have to restart the device and close the Center each time I want to have an uploading session. I tried 3 small files and each one loaded up rather quickly after this last procedure.

3 Likes

I have tried the Relaxation with my custom sound and it works well.

Some points could be done in addition, in having an even better Relaxation experience:

1. Add “Fade out” option for Relaxation e.g., “Fade out over x seconds” or “Don’t fade out” (default). Currently, the duration is set in 5 minute steps. That’s fine and even if the custom sound is shorter it gets repeated until the duration is reached, but then it stops abruptly! It’s like a punch in your relaxed mind!

2. Add “Match Relaxation duration to sound” option (default on) plus “Repeat sound x times” (default 0). It would be an alternate option instead of using fixed times and using the “Fade out” option (1st point). It can make sense to use the actual duration of the custom sound (or rather song) using the sounds own fade out sequence. Imagine a song like “Homeworld (The Ladder)” from Yes which is about 9:32 long. It is not exactly a relaxation sound, but it has this kind of length to relax and by having its length matched as duration (without repetition) it would be perfect for the Relaxation feature. Apart from that, the sound’s fade out sequence would work even if it is repeated as the overall duration exactly matches to the sounds native length * times of repetition.

What do you think?

5 Likes

@sv3np Thanks for the ideas. I will definitely pass those on.

4 Likes

@sv3np Mudita Harmony does have a feature to play each file just once.

3 Likes

My bad. I totally overlooked this option! Thank you very much @urszula

To be more precise, her a complete list of available settings: once, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes, and loop (selected song is played until manually turned off). In my previous post I just mentioned 5 minute steps.

Apart from that, in current Harmony manual of May 19, 2023, it is only stated: “Choose auto turn off time”. It is interesting to have such a statement. It is correct, but missing what can be selected. Though, if all possible values are listed, it can make documentation get outdated faster. So, at the end it appears to be well balanced wording.

2 Likes

Though, I learned something new my proposals appear to be still valid. Amazing :joy:

3 Likes

@sv3np Thank you for the feedback. I will check if the instruction manual gets updated.

3 Likes

Mudita, I have updated my original Harmony (purchased in Summer 2021) and while it was working fine before, I seem to have an issue with the unit “freezing”. I have created a ticket for this and the rep asked me to go through the sequence of resetting (push back button, the light button and hold for 12 seconds, then repeat 2-3 times), but there has been no joy. As soon as the Harmony returns to the clock face, it freezes. Funny enough, the unit still turns on the alarm at the “Correct time”, but the display shows the time that I set the alarm, not the current time. I know I am outside my warranty, but is there anything I can do beyond order a new one? I’m frustrated because it was working fine (and yet I do love the larger clock numbers in the 2.0 update) and now I have ruined it by trying to make it better. Any advice on how to return it to the “original” operating system (1.1) on the Mudita app (because I cannot see how that is done or even possible)? Love the product and if it’s just time to order a new one I will, but it doesn’t cost $99 dollars anymore and was working great. Thanks for your time and appreciate the ability to “Vent”. Haha.

1 Like

Hey @doubtingmike! I just wanted to send you a quick message to see if our team has resolved your issue. Have you reached out to the support guys? :blush: Also, welcome to our forum! It’s great to have you here. Feel free to make yourself at home and explore around!

2 Likes