The Balance Phone- thoughts?

User Cardio79 inspired me to create a post on another phone I saw recently. It’s called The Balance Phone and it is currently on Kickstarter. What are your thoughts on it? Would love to hear it and start a discussion :smiley:

And their kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thebalancephone/balance-phone-the-distraction-free-smartphone?result=project&term=balance%20phone&total_hits=7

1 Like

@muxbree I checked out their kickstarter & it says that their funding has been CANCELLED. I don’t know what it means for their project- but it looks like it just happened last week, on Oct. 3rd.

Oh wow!! That’s crazy, it was up the last I checked. Welp, in some ways it seems for the better. Besides blocking certain apps from opening up, I wasn’t sure what was special about it. It had a minimal interface, but there wasn’t much more to add and wondered what everyone else thought. Thank you for letting me know/posting Urszula! :smiley:

1 Like

@muxbree It looked to me like a standard smartphone with a rather unique Android OS because it did have the Play Store, but just blocked certain apps.

My exact thinking!! What a way to sell garbage. To me, it’s pure marketing. Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

I don’t know much about how kickstarters work but could it be the overwhelming interest instigated them putting a stop to it?

1 Like

I’m not sure how 397 backers equals overwhelming interest. :slight_smile:
When Mudita Pure was on Kickstarter 4 years ago, 1,042 backers pledged $262,506 to help bring our humble project to life. And it was a phone which was literally built from scratch & manufactured in Poland.

The Balance Phone looks, to me, like a generic smartphone, with a very simple OS built into it.

1 Like

I’m not sure about ‘overwhelming’ either, just far exceeded their initial pledge.

I was not part of the Pure kickstarter but will be a part of the Kompakt, I wonder if you will break all records.

2 Likes

I think Mudita Kompakt will break the INTERNET :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, I think so too! Let’s make it happen!

2 Likes

If this were true let’s just say, why would more interest put a stop to it? Would they find it too much pressure to fulfill? Just curious how that would work, hypothetically.

1 Like