The alarming decline of quality youth playtime

An interviewer asks three generations what they did to play when they were growing up. The oldest generation talks about being outside, picking blueberries, growing watermelons, sledding down snow-covered hills, and more. The middle generation related that they did much of the same, including running from door to door, gathering friends and playing street games or night games. The shocking part comes when the youngest generation in this video is asked the same questions. The discussion almost completely revolves around electronic devices and video games. One child states, β€œI’d die without my tablet.” Another child explains that he only feels normal when he’s playing video games. The same boy boasts that he watched 23 episodes of a TV series in less than 4 days

Read more: https://houseoflawandorder.com/the-alarming-decline-of-quality-youth-playtime/

2 Likes

As a parent of 9 year old son, at this smallest sample I can confirm, that he is not very interested in non-digital play-time. He is also less attracted in going outdoors with friends than I was his age.
Although there might some link to air pollution. We talk much more about this nowadays and it is not always a healthy alternative to play soccer outdoors.

2 Likes