SMS via Desktop App

Hi,
I was wondering if it will be possible to send SMS messages via the Desktop App ?

I think there would be plenty of use cases for this, the one I have is that I order my weekly fresh fruit/veg via SMS and the message can get undertandably quite long. Typing it on a smartphone isn’t too bad, but i’m not looking forward to doing it on the Mudita keypad, thats for sure. Being able to type long messages from the Desktop PC App would make things like this a breeze :smiley:
I think it would be technically feasible for the develops to acheive this. personally I’ve set up old-school Nokia phones in the past to process AT commands via a USB connection to a Linux machine to send and receive SMS and that wasn’t too hard.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Based on earlier discussions of predictive text for the phone, being able to send SMS via the desktop app seems to be central to how they imagine the phone being used. But I don’t represent the company in any way, so I can’t confirm anything for sure.

1 Like

Hi @rumpole - this is still on our roadmap, however more likely to be released in Q1 2022.
I hope this helps.

4 Likes

This is a killer feature, looking forward to it!

what ??! I thought it was already part of the plan…

I replied in an old thread, maybe it’s already doable, or planned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon51628811 & @anon83104943 It’s already a functional feature. The emojis all work GREAT! Text Messages01

3 Likes

Haaaaa ! Thank you !

1 Like

I’m still confused. Precisely how does it work to write and send SMS messages through the desktop app? Do I need to connect the phone via a USB cable? Or can I just write and send the messages on my desktop and then they will sync automatically on the phone? I would much prefer to not have to plug my phone in to the computer every time I want to send a longer text message.

1 Like

As far as I understand it, you need to connect your mudita phone to your pc/laptop with an USB cable. You can then use the desktop app to sync your calendar, contacts, write SMS from the app, load music files to the phones storage… As the phone does not have WIFI or access to the internet, there is no synchronisation without using a cable.

4 Likes

This is correct

2 Likes