Sd card availability?

Hi. Just got my phone and hooked it up to the computer to transfer files. I noticed there is 12 gb of memory and it is labeled as SD card on the computer. My music files alone are over this amount. How can I access the sd card to put in a bigger one? Thanks

1 Like

@why Thanks for reaching out. There is no SD card. This is just the way your computer recognizes Mudita Pure’s internal storage.

1 Like

I am wondering if I could insert a usb [c type] Thumb type drive into the usb slot and use this for my music stuff and maybe some other things a s well.

2 Likes

@why I will ask our tech team about this. I don’t think this could be possible, but I might be wrong, so I will ask them to make sure.

If you want to fit your music on the Pure, you could try one (or both) of the following:

• Isolate just the music you’re actually likely to want to listen to. 12GB is still a lot of music, you won’t miss much.
  • You could squeeze more songs (maybe even all of them) into the 12GB of storage by re-encoding the music at a lower quality. I do this for my phone and music player. I use SoundKonverter (Linux, KDE) - but there is also a tool for GNOME called “SoundConverter”, and one for Windows called “Fre:ac” or “Freac”.

I can hear the compression-artefacts really badly in the MP3 and WMA formats in particular, but I find I can drop the quality (and filesize) really, really low with OGG and it still sounds great. I think the Pure doesn’t support OGG so there may be a limit to which you can downsample your music before it becomes unpleasant to listen to.

1 Like

You are correct, i can cherry pick certain songs to play on my music player to reduce under 12 G. According to the specs, it supports flac [ I use this], mp3 [ditto] and wav [not, too big]. Sound quality is important to me, so I’ll see if I could use a usb-c thumb drive connected to the Mudita phone to play from my music files and save the 12 G Internal for other things. I loaded a few songs on the phone and they played back no problem in the formats I had used. However, when I hooked up a 3.5 mm stereo jack [male to male] from the headphone output to my speaker, there was no sound. Tried another jack and still no sound. I’ll try a brand new jack to see.

2 Likes