Rediscovering Life's Quality: A Family's Journey Away from Wi-Fi

I just read a fascinating article from the Atlantic:

The author shares his personal journey from being heavily dependent on technology to intentionally removing Wi-Fi from his home. The article delves into the common challenges many face in today’s digital age, such as overuse of smartphones, distraction from personal relationships, and difficulty in maintaining focus.

The author discusses the benefits he and his family experienced by disconnecting, such as improved family interactions, deeper reading, and a more fulfilling use of time.

It’s very relatable & details how reducing digital connectivity can impact daily life. Personally, I think it’s a compelling read for those interested in the practical aspects of reducing technology usage.

It may be behind a paywall for some people. So here’s the PDF:

Let me know what you guys think. I found it fascinating!

1 Like

Great article!
One thing I believe helped this couple is that they had experienced a life without internet before, by choice. In other words, they had a reference of what life together should be like.

3 Likes

I believe that many in Generation Z never had that reference and therefore will struggle to separate themselves, even briefly, from the Internet.

2 Likes

This game is a good example of how it is possible to “connect” without the internet or zombiephones, as in the good old times. They also have other “hyggeligt” games. I love board and card games like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This is a VERY good point.

1 Like

Thank you for that reference, @roberto! I just ordered it to give to a family member at a gathering this Christmas.

2 Likes