Questions about the desktop app

A few questions: will the desktop app be about to be navigated and used on the device itself?
I am a little bit confused by the app in general as to what happens when you plug it up to a windows computer. Will the app install itself on the windows desktop, or will you have to install an app from the windows store.
Second question: the description of the device makes it appear that tethering, mass storage are separate from the desktop app itself.
So would I, for example, be able to transfer .wav files by mass storage, rather than the desktop app, and then use the desktop app, from the device to organize the files I downloaded?

3 Likes

@Kevin_Moses I think @Wojciech_Cichon can answer this question for you.

Let me fix a typo: what I meant was: will the desktop app be ABLE to be navigated on the device itself. I said “about” but I meant able.
@Wojciech_Cichon

Hi @Kevin_Moses
I’ll address your question inline below:

will the desktop app be about to be navigated and used on the device itself?

No you won’t be able to use the desktop app on Mudita Pure.

Will the app install itself on the windows desktop, or will you have to install an app from the windows store.

You will be able to download it from Mudita.com after we launch the phone. I’ll get back to you with the feedback regarding the Windows store soon.

Second question: the description of the device makes it appear that tethering, mass storage are separate from the desktop app itself. So would I, for example, be able to transfer .wav files by mass storage, rather than the desktop app, and then use the desktop app, from the device to organize the files I downloaded?

Yes :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I can also transfer .wav files, I assume, through mass storage option as well, right?
I only ask because I doubt I will have the ability to use the desktop app on a consistent basis. I don’t use conventional computers. I gave up windows and Mac and Linux a while back, so mass storage would be my options for transferring music. @Wojciech_Cichon

1 Like

Yes, it will be possible however it will be done through Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).

1 Like

@jamesdon Thanks for the feedback.

Why WAV? Mp3 is nice, supporting mp3pro would be nicer and rarity :slight_smile:

You can attach USB stick to PC or Mac and access it from the app. How do you imagine direct mass storage use since phone has no USB port

1 Like

@RasVoja Are you looking to upload your audio content to Mudita Pure?

1 Like

I am not a current user, but mp3pro support would be superb. It gives 2x quality on 128kbps 1MB per minute and less quality

1 Like

@RasVoja Good to know.

Its not widely popular due to licensing. However if HQ encoder from WAV and CDDA is included, can bring new joy. SBR idea is great
Player and low quality encoder
https://www.rarewares.org/rrw/ctmp3pro.php
Licensing company

1 Like

Note that standard is considered to be abandoned, and I dont know Has high end SBR codec been developed at all. But if yes, that would be great!

1 Like

When it comes to the desktop app, it’s designed to be user-friendly and accessible right on your device. So you won’t need to install it separately on your Windows computer. It runs smoothly on the device itself, making it super convenient.

1 Like

@ofericschim Are you referring to Mudita Center?