Pretty amazing thing just happened

So one of my friends is with Koodo here in Canada (owned by telus) I put the sim card in the mudita and it picked up 3g. Such a shame because it stays connected even indoors but it cannot make or take calls. Texting worked perfectly inbound and outbound. SUCH a shame lol…this phone just toys with my emotions lol

2 Likes

@cardio79 Interesting observation. So you can send & receive texts with no issue, but it doesn’t allow you to make calls? Is that’s what’s happening?
Are you hearing any kind of message when you try to make a phone call? Or it’s just dead, nothing happens?

1 Like

Also get this, with kood again on the telus network which has THE BEST coverage, this phone connects in the basement lol. This is such a tease…if this could just make calls! lol

When I hit call there is a pause where nothing happens and then it says something went wrong with an X.
If I could just get this to work somehow I am set lol
Not sure why it can send and receive texts stay connected in the basement of all places but not make calls. Wondering if I can call telus /koodo and maybe they can figure something out from there end but I am guessing thats a long shot

I am literally in my basement where previously i got NO RECEPTION from freedom mobile, fido , texting back and forth with my wife. If I was with the other carriers I would need this propped up against the window down here. But, I can call with those other carriers lol

1 Like

Thing is if I go back to Fido I can use the mudita but not the light phone. Freedom is my only choice, because light phone does not work on Fido lol.
Does not matter which phone I use I ALWAYS LONG for the mudita lol

1 Like

Interesting thing is its the Mudita because of its reception issues in the basement on Freedom is actually good for my phone addiction. I find with the light phone or any other dumb phone my addiction is so bad I still have that smartphone itch even though the light phone has nothing to do on it I just find myself opening it up. It is amazing the level of addiction tech can create. At least with Mudita because I can’t get reception in the basement I would have the phone on offline mode and just use it for music and meditation while down here. Kids are off in the summer so I am thinking of going back to freedom mobile so I can use the Mudita as my phone when my kids are home etc. And then pop the sim in the light phone 2 when they are out with my wife and they need to reach me. I find the combo of both works for me so I may go switch to freedom today…need my mudita fix!

1 Like

This is what I will talk about with our team. It’s using the same network for calls & texts, but I wonder if the Frequency is different & it’s just not picking this up.

1 Like

I have a call scheduled with Koodo, it could be the phone is black listed they said, not sure why, but its a long shot, maybe I can get them to get the phone working…have a call back scheduled in an hour wish me luck!

2 Likes

It is a long shot my guess is its something to do with the phone , I will be stunned and very happy if they get it working for me…literally i will do cart wheels and black flips lol

2 Likes

So I talked to the koodo rep, he is trying to work his magic and get the phone unblocked, he says they might have some software that works to do this! I am trying not to get my hopes up but I told him if you can do this you are my hero lol

I will let you know what happens…if this works oh man i will be one happy man!

2 Likes

:frowning: He was unable to get it to work. The phone is just not compatible with the network, did not really get an answer to why I can still text , regardless I tried! lol

2 Likes

I went back to freedom god I missed using the mudita have my sim in it right now and its working great, well good enough for my needs. And it swaps into the Light phone 2 when I need to. Honestly I just love the experience of this phone and I am counting down the year till the new mudita is released. I really hope you guys keep the same form factor without a qwerty keyboard or at least have two options. Texting can easily become addictive

2 Likes

Only issue with Freedom is the calling is hit and miss. Sometimes it dials out sometimes it does not so if anything in the greater toronto is considering getting the phone I would suggest Fido. Fido the calls always dial out as long as you are outside or near a window. Freedom is better for texting if you are indoors you don;t have to be super close to a window for texting

2 Likes

@cardio79 Here’s a crazy idea:
Since Mudita Pure can handle two sim cards, why not have two in there, this way you can just switch it up when you need to.

lol ended up selling the phone. Glad I got to use it again for a little bit but when I actually thought it out makes no sense to keep it when a new phone will be released in a year. I am confident that your next model will work much better in Canada. Until then, I have went back to the sunbeam f1, although the flip form factor is not my fav it keeps me from using the phone which is my main goal. To make sure I stay with the phone for a full year I am buying their 40 dollar premium package. Gives you great speech to text, weather and directions app. As much as I LOVE THE MUDITA PURE I have to fact the cold hard fact that its very hard to use reliably here in Canada. But man I miss it already lol

1 Like

@cardio79 That’s a shame that you had to let your beloved Pure go, but in a way, for you it makes sense because why be frustrated if it doesn’t fully work for you.

1 Like

It is more frustrating missing it! Honestly best looking dumbphone there is period

1 Like

It’s your FIRST LOVE :heart: @cardio79

I bought the Nokia 225 but also found a mudita , I am keeping it this time. During the day I never if ever get calls. It is mainly texting. I just love this phone too much and honestly I am miserable without it lol. Got the nokia 225 which I will take when I absolutely need to be reached. I hate every other dumb phone lol. I rather live this two phone dumbphone life and have the mudita vs being miserable constantly switching between punkt, light phones and sunbeams…I hate all those phones lol

1 Like