Predictive text / T9 and SD-card

Hello,

This is the first minimalistic phone I see that seems to have all the functions I wish for in a phone. With a musicplayer and meditation timer combined with low SAR, e-ink screen and produced in the E.U. I’m quite keen on pre-ordering this phone.

But before I do that I have 2 concerns which I would like to check.

The first and main concern is the text input for writing text messages. The Nokia’s from old had precise and useful predictions when writing on a numerical keypad, the problem was that there wasn’t a multilanguage support. My question is if there will be support for multiple languages (for example, I write texts in Norwegian, English and Dutch) and if the T9 engine is built in such a way that makes writing on the phone a quick and useful task. As an example, the latest Nokia I tried was the 8110 4g, but the predictions were useless, which made writing on it a disruptive task instead of a useful tool. For now I’m using and old qwerty BlackBerry which is almost at end of life as they say.

My second concern is the lack of an sd-card slot for transferring music files. How much internal memory does the phone have, and can one of the nano sim slots double as an sd-card slot?

The sd-card slot would be nice, but isn’t essential. Text input on the other hand is something that definitely has to be good, since this defines the difference between a nice gadget or a useful tool.

Kind regards, Fabian

2 Likes

Hey Fabian (@febo_tredve), thank you for your questions.

T9 is patented so although we won’t be using it, we are working on a similar solution for texting. Additional language support will be available via our desktop app when new languages are added. Initially, Mudita Pure will only have English, German, Spanish, Polish and French. I have put in a request for Dutch and Norwegian language updates. It will be possible to connect Mudita Pure to a laptop if you’d like to send longer text messages using a laptop keyboard.

In terms of memory, Mudita Pure has 16 MB SDRAM and 16 GB eMMC flash storage. The SIM card slots are only for SIM cards. If you’re interested in learning more about Mudita Pure’s specs, you can find them here.

1 Like

Let me know if I could assist on anything Norwegian as it’s my native language.

3 Likes