Phone startup time

Hi,
One of the reason i do not use a smartphone is the annoying long startup time, because of android, apps and stuff…
I have a simple flip-phone which is ready to call in 6 seconds.
My wife suffers from radiation illness hence the phone is only switched on for very occasional calls and telebanking.
Your phone has awesome specs, although the SAR value alone is not enough to limit the effects of EMR.
Could you inform me about startup times of your phone (ready to call time)

thanks and keep up the good work !
Frank

1 Like

16 seconds i wanted to write, sorry typo :slight_smile:

1 Like

@frank To be honest, the start-up time is virtually instantaneous- a few seconds. There’s not a lot of apps which need to “start up” so it’s really quick.

2 Likes

@urszula just to confirm: from OFF state to being able to call takes a couple of seconds ?
Excuse me to verify this again, but i need to be sure and will pre-order instantly.

1 Like

@frank Would it help if I made a short video of the process? I think that might help you visualize the whole procedure.

2 Likes

would be awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @urszula! I already expected startup to be short. To me, this feature is also a HUGE benefit for those of us coming from smartphones … and even some feature phones.

2 Likes

@urszula kind reminder on the short video :grinning:

2 Likes

@frank sorry for the delay. On my to do list ;D in the next couple of days.

2 Likes

Think you might have missed this. I expect it’s quick considering the OS.

1 Like

Please post the video of a phone startup time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I would also like to see the video of start time, getting super excited over here

1 Like

Here are some videos of Start up time :smiley:
I took 2 videos. The start up time is approx 15 sec.
Please excuse the bad lighting, it’s really sunny out & my OLD camera is not doing a GREAT job.

2 Likes

I’d like to throw in a few cents on this topic - Although the bare startup is pretty quick we have to consider one important topic regarding usage of the phone, which is cellular network handling. The sim card with the modem has to register in the network and this is related to the signal strength. Saying so, the ready-to-call time can be a little bit longer if the registration takes more time than usual, but those are a few more seconds.

1 Like

@Bartosz_sp2fet Another 5-10 seconds isn’t that big of a deal. My BlackBerry Q10 takes over a minute load & start up. But I still love it :smiley: