Phone Case Idea

So I have an idea to share about a new type of case. Perhaps it’s already been thought of - even tried? It was inspired by the Mudita watch straps being cork.

To eliminate plastic from the permanent phone outer shell (case) and have a hardened cork type product instead.

• Something hard for protection against bumps, scratches and furry paws.
  • Something aesthetically pleasing.
  • Something ecologically sustainable and chemical free.
  • Something which supports circular sourcing.

There are some interesting products coming out which use bio-technology like algae, and the use of eucalyptus fibres is being explored.

I can see a combination type product, perhaps with some algae, and cork, and eucalyptus all combined - wouldn’t that be cool if it was possible?

Even just using recycled - post consumer plastics?

Is this something Mudita is/was/may consider?

To the Mudita community - is this something you might support / like to see in Mudita products of the future? Do you have suggestions of plastic alternatives for a hardened outer shell for phones, clocks, e-readers etc?

Fantastical thoughts can inspire amazing new creations so let the wild ideas flow!

5 Likes

This sounds great @galtions !
We have this beautiful cork cover for Mudita Pure – not sure if this is exactly what you have in mind, but it’s probably close?

3 Likes

Mmmm, not really @aleksander , I was referring to the outer shell of the phone handset (on my Pure it’s the pebble grey part)…

2 Likes

Okay! I think I get it now. I wonder if there’s a cork-based material that could be durable enough for this. Also – would it be super resistant to dropping?
It’s an interesting idea!

3 Likes