Pebble Grey or Charcoal Black?

We’re here with another update on Mudita Pure development! We’re also happy to announce that we’ve opened pre-orders on our website - it’s the first step towards the full online store that we’re building right now.
Read the full story here: https://mudita.com/community/blog/pebble-grey-or-charcoal-black/

1 Like

I went with the pebble grey phone.

3 Likes

Going with charcoal black!

3 Likes

I think both look really great and if I were to choose one it would’ve been a tough pick. However, I think that there are a lot of black devices everywhere and this tone of gray in Pebble Gray version is so calming and relaxing to look at, so I guess I would’ve picked this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a Charcoal Black girl :slight_smile:
I love the carbon name - it just strikes a chord for me!
And I love how minimalist it is - it’d look great with any bag and any outfit, black t-shirts and tattoos. Black colour & unapologetic phone.
I’m sold :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just pre-ordered Charcoal Black :smirk:

1 Like

Pebble gray is more neutral. I think I like charcoal black more!

1 Like

I’m really struggling on which color to get. Wish I could see a video of how they look in action before I decide. Also with the front light would be nice as well.

1 Like

A black phone is so depressing, it just sits there absorbing all of the positivity out of the room. :wink:

I’ll have to watch a video about the charcoal black, but my girlfriend prefers the pebble grey.

2 Likes

I don’t remember the last time I spent so much time on a binary choice of colours. They both have pros and cons (in my books).

Grey Pros:

• Looks unassuming yet modern
  • Blends in nicely with the e-ink screen
  • Reflects heat

Grey Cons:

• May gather dirt quickly
  • May collect fingerprints faster
  • Potentially less contrast with keyboard illumination (but this is more of an assumption)

Black Pros:

• Sleek, modern trend in electronics design, so blends in nicely with other tech
  • Doesn’t show dirt nor fingerprints
  • Potential better screen visibility - I’m mostly betting here on the strong white-screen to black-surroundings contrast; our eyes may pay more attention to what’s on the screen.

Black Cons:

• Absorbs heat
  • The contrast with the white screen isn’t the most attractive design element

In the end I chose the Pebble Grey. It’s the closest design to a stone. I sometimes wear a worry stone as a necklace, it’s useful in some mindfulness or day-dreaming situations. Having this in a phone is an attractive trait. Moreover, knowing that it dissipates heat better than black just puts me at ease concerning heat-related electronics decay over time. Granted, it’s a minuscule worry, but I’m considering as many aspects as I can :slight_smile:
Another grey pro may be better visibility in low light conditions - can locate the phone better in a room for instance.

There is no bad choice in the end.

2 Likes

I went with Pebble Grey. It’s more muted colour should help it blend in with everyday objects and not stand out like most phones tend to do to get attention.

3 Likes

I just pre-ordered the Pebble Gray model. Sad about the lack of predictive text from the get-go, but hoping that they’ll release it in an update soon.

1 Like

Joseph Glover: you could name it Marvin!

@iota I don’t understand, why ‘Marvin’?

1 Like