One feature I would love to see added

Mudita, please take akrabu’s advice with many of the points he has listed… I believe that Emoji Support is essential, yet non-distracting.

Also, the airpod compatible bluetooth would be such a pleasure! especially for those (like me) that are planning to sell their iphones, but own a pair of airpods. we could benefit from such compatibility!

His whole camera idea is totally fun and different… id consider that idea also, especially the part with no viewfinder, where you must only see the images once back home in a computer. Genius, and worth at least a consideration, but respectable if not included due to possible tackiness and “unfinished” feeling.
lastly, Meditation Timer.
I am not sure if this is already featured, but for a mediation timer app, please consider adding settings to add gongs in between sessions, not just a single timer. this is important for meditation, so we can be calmly cued to switch from the body, to the breath, or from the breath, slowly back to the room around us, before hearing the last, ending gong. i hope you understand what i mean!

thank you so much, i just ordered mine today, and i am excited to unplug!

2 Likes

Hi @Manuel_Escobar
Hi

Thank you so much for reaching out to us & THANK YOU SO MUCH for your order. We appreciate all the ideas and feedback from people who are as enthusiastic about living in the present moment as much as we are. Speaking of “living in the present moment,” if you look on the positive side, since there’s no camera, there is no temptation to take out your phone to take a picture, you can live completely in the moment. We’re so used to enjoying landscapes through our phones that we tend not to experience them fully when they are right in front of us. Plus, taking pictures with a dedicated camera can be so much more fun!
In reference to your questions about AirPods- please note that AirPods use a closed, proprietary Apple protocol for communication, so not all features will work with Mudita Pure, however standard functionalities should work. Since AirPods have an Apple W1 SoC, which is proprietary and designed to work primarily with Apple hardware, but this doesn’t mean that they only work with Apple. You just might not have the same user experience. Airpods automatically connect to Apple devices, but they will also connect to other Bluetooth devices, they just need to be paired manually.

With regard to the meditation timer- Our meditation application works in such a way that there are several time blocks which can be used: 10m, 30m, 60m and 90m, but you can also enter a custom duration which works best for you. Additionally, you can divide this time into intervals, so it will inform you that a set time has passed.

I hope this clears up any questions you may have had. Again, thank you for choosing to incorporate Mudita Pure into your your digitally mindful lifestyle.

1 Like

It’s an e-ink display phone. I doubt you want to take black-and-white photos.

2 Likes

Not that I’m for it, but the Game Boy had some peripherals that allowed you to take black and white photos and print them with a pocket-sized thermal printer back in the 90s. The results were actually quite good.

2 Likes

@boneblack I’m not sure if the world needs more distracting gadgets :slight_smile: We need to rethink what is truly necessary in the devices we carry. LESS is the NEW more. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

If 20% of the vendors use this, 80% percent could be independent from printed out barcodes or an other device. Can you name any ticket vendors that use time limited generated barcodes? I do not see any cause not helping the 80% (estimated and no fact) and not giving the 20% rest a feature they never had. So call this feature a “view static barcodes”. Why mixing two separated concerns?

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I was absolutely not endorsing the idea of including such a thing! My response was mostly to alexlya in that someone has long since already made the product she was convinced no one wanted, and that the results weren’t too shabby.

1 Like

Late response, so this topic is kind of stale, but to answer your question, Ticketmaster mostly has the market cornered, and as far as I know, they use dynamic generated codes for their digital ticketing platform. At least the last time I tried to enter a venue for a Ticketmaster event, this is the problem I encountered, as I had printed my ticket (from a screenshot), and it was unusable. It caused me to have to go through an entire ordeal at the ticketing counter, as they expect everybody has a smartphone with internet connectivity. Considering Ticketmaster dominates the market at major venues and for large events, it’s hard to argue otherwise. Anyway, I don’t remember the original point of this conversation. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i feel the problem is EVERYONE wants just one feature added and really cant cater to everyones one diffrent need so i agree simple is best leave the pure as is.

2 Likes

@jameshjacksonjr I think if we took everyone’s ideas into consideration the phone would not be so PURE :smiley:

4 Likes

that i do agree with and if i may so my self you are THE best community manager going!!! always very active in the conversatiion to me the forums and community we are building here that alone makes this the best device and company in my opinion.

4 Likes

OMG @jameshjacksonjr, you just made my DAY! Thank you for your kind words.
That said, I really LOVE this community. It’s so unique & open minded. It’s really YOU GUYS, the Mudita Community, who make this job so rewarding!

3 Likes

Hi,

I think an audio/voice/memo recorder would be usefull.
A timer function too. Always useful whilst cooking.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

I see it has a voice recorder.

3 Likes

@muaddib, yes it does :smiley:

2 Likes