Notes from the Final NPI: firm mass production & shipping dates

We’re excited to share the latest update with you, which was posted on our website.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update! I am happy that everything is finally happening. The next few weeks should be exciting.

3 Likes

@urszula Would you happen to have any more definitive information about which carriers in the US will support the Mudita Pure? You confirmed T-mobile. Do we know if the Pure can be used with AT&T or Verizon? Thanks!

1 Like

@urszula To add onto @aql62’s post, will mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) be supported as well? I’m on Spectrum Mobile, which uses Verizon’s network in the U.S., but previous so-called “dumbphones” I’ve had in the past have not been compatible with MVNOs, only the “primary” carriers. Might this be an issue with the Pure?

1 Like

@aql62 Thanks for your question. Yes, T-Mobile is a confirmed carrier and currently the Mudita Pure will also work on the Verizon & AT&T networks. However, since however, since we weren’t able to obtain the PTCRB certification because of our ultralow SAR antenna, we are unable to say how long this support will last, if anything changes on the network side.

2 Likes

@whyoungblood I will ask our team about this & get back to you.

Hello ! Production have started this monday (15th). This must be very exciting ? right ?

1 Like

Thank you, @urszula, for the reply. It sounds like it is going to be a safer bet to use T-Mobile than Verizon or AT&T, given the uncertainty of how long support will last. I’m currently using Verizon but don’t have any objections to switching to T-Mobile.

1 Like

@anon51628811 Mass production kicked off at 6am on Monday morning! It’s FULL STEAM ahead. We’re moving right on schedule!

2 Likes

@whyoungblood I’ve got your answer: From the GSM module perspective, it does not matter whether the operator is virtual or not - the module will simply work in roaming mode.
So to answer your question, Mudita Pure will work with mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs)

2 Likes

I expect Mudita to work with MVNO’s better than main carriers. I’ll test and relay info here for the US Market. Glad to know at least the bands are there so we can force some sort of compatibility :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, how can I find when my phone will be shipped? Thank you!

@m_bracher Thanks for reaching out. We actually start shipping today. However, taking into consideration production, manpower & logistics, we can’t ship almost 2000 phones to 44 countries all in one day. Here’s a more detailed explanation: https://mudita.com/community/blog/final-npi-update-firm-mass-production-and-shipping-dates/

3 Likes

Congratulations, Mudita, on starting to ship the Pure phones today!
:partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like