Next generation e-ink device

I’m curious if this is something I should wait for, or if the Mudita Pure will be its own thing for some time?

6 Likes

They are working on an e-ink smartphone, but we don’t know how far away that one is. For a while, the Pure will be the focus.

4 Likes

Yes it will, and one pure is already ordered. :slight_smile: However, I’m also very interested in that concept, and it will be great if they could give us just a little information about what they are thinking for this phone. With maps and a messenger, for sure it will be my future phone.

3 Likes

We are here reading your posts. :slight_smile:
Mudita Pure is definitely not the only device we are working on. :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you for knowing it JoannaM.

I’m looking forward to read the initial ideas you have for this device. I also leave the suggestion of having the possibility to disable the cameras (if they had) and micro. A translation app would also be excellent for travellers and multicultural working places.

2 Likes

Thanks for all suggestions. I will make sure to pass them on to our Design Team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! Will there be a Mudita phone with a qwerty keyboard? It would really help with sms messaging. I really like what the company stands for…
Best wishes.

3 Likes

@Matic_Breznik thanks for your comment. We always pass ideas like this on to our design team. Perhaps one day!
At this moment we are working hard on delivering Mudita Pure. There will be a desktop app that will help manage Mudita Pure. Also, it will be possible to use it to write and send longer text messages.
I hope that helps. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

Patiently waiting for the “next generation” phone. Would like a full keyboard for texting. Other thoughts:
-openstreetmap for navigation
-Signal encrypted messaging
-podcast feature
-camera

1 Like

@awolivia thank you for sharing your ideas. I’m forwarding it to my team. :slight_smile:

Is there a general time frame consumers can expect this product? 2021? 2022?

2 Likes

@awolivia The current scheduled launch date is in the the spring of 2021. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Amazing news! I’ll wait for more information. I hope it is this time that I ditch my iPhone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes!! Thanks - I am looking forward to it!! Can’t wait to hand over my money to an ethical privacy-focused tech company!

3 Likes

@awolivia That you so much for your support!

1 Like

Oh wow, really? That’s amazing news! I may have to wait for an E-Ink minimalist smartphone, then :slight_smile:

So many choices!!!

1 Like

@anon13781037 For me the choice is simple: Mudita Pure all the way! Hands down, the best phone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely want a Pure, but overall I want all of your products :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly i’m not sure how is Mudita planning to outperform the likes of Hisense A5, and A5C. Those are the e-ink smartphones that already exist, and the C variant is also the first smartphone to feature an RGB e-ink display.

1 Like

My suspicion and hope is that this device will outperform the mentioned smartphones in terms of durability and longivety. The Hisense phones probably won’t be considered usable anymore in 5 years, whereas I’m hoping to get 10 years out of this one.

2 Likes