Newest Mudita Pure update- MuditaOS 1.6.0

I upgraded Mudita OS to 1.6.0.

5 Likes

@ramamohan Great! Did everything go smoothly?
If you have any feedback on your experience, do let us know.

4 Likes

Just FYI, the interface may look a bit different this time- so no need to be alarmed

4 Likes

First I upgraded the Mudita center to 1.7.0 version. And when pure is connected, one popup on Mudita center appeared asking to upgrade the Mudita OS. It upgraded in two steps, first to 1.5.1 version and phone rebooted and then to 1.6.0 version.

No hiccups. All went fine.

7 Likes

Had no hiccups either, the update went fine.

Now, the big question: What changed actually?!? Even on Github it is not documented in MuditaOS changelog - PurePhone yet what was the change for v1.5.1 or v1.6.0. Though, a big number of interesting but unreleased changes is listed. Mysterious …

Update: It is not so mysterious as thought :laughing: @urszula provided a preview of about the changes in another thread.

5 Likes

I think I’m reading in some release notes that we can change the clock face? How is that done? Thanks!

5 Likes

Hhhm.

You probably refer to a change about the Mudita Harmony. This thread here is rather referring to the Pure-side of the MuditaOS.

So, about the Clock Face for Mudita Harmony following is written in the Full User Guide:

1. CLOCK FACE
    You are able to customize Harmony’s clock face and choose your favorite main screen design and information that are displayed.
    • Light click the main knob to access menu
    • Choose ‘Settings’
    • Choose ‘Clock face’
    • In next steps, choose your favorite main screen layout
6 Likes

… and do not get confused about the “The Mudita Bell …” in the description. It is a typo on that site currently. The full user guide which can be downloaded there is indeed about the Mudita Harmony.

5 Likes

I updated & it seems to be a lot smoother. We’ll see in a few days.

5 Likes

Have update to 1.6 and the Pure seems to hold signal a bit better, but I have a new issue
dialing code *100# does nothing at all. previously it was replied with garbage text but now nothing happens and when i double press call button it gives me failed message and still has issue when try to request #100# code it gets dialed instead of used as USSD code

5 Likes

@Amr_Osman I am also seeing that it holds a signal better- especially indoors.

4 Likes

Things I have noticed after 3 days:
Improved battery life-maybe it’s just me.
Less weird, sluggish behavior
‘slightly’ better signal in places where I had none
smooth typing

6 Likes

@Amr_Osman Our team is looking into the USSD code issue. We’re not sure where the problem is at the moment. It could be that some USSD-type codes are network specific & may not work on Mudita Pure.

2 Likes

Is there a way to be notified when new Mudita Center and Mudita Pure updates come out? I’d love like an email or similar :eyes:

3 Likes

@grilledcheesebb :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
We always post here, on the FORUM. Info is also always available when you log into Mudita Center. We are currently looking at different options as well.

4 Likes

@urszula What about a forum topic called “Mudita Software Releases” for announcing new software releases about Center, Pure and Harmony?

Limit the ability for others to post to ensure that topic remains dedicated to its purpose. People who are interested would then subscribe this topic by having the “Watching” option set for it. They will get informed by email then if there is a new post. If there is no interest in that topic anymore the option “Muted” can be set. Stick this topic on top of the Mudita Forum so people who are new here would see it right away.

Here a screenshot showing what is meant by “Watching” and “Muted” on how manage ones subscription for a forum topic:

The uncertain point is if you have the ability to control who can post for such topic. I do not know if such option exists for as Community Manager.

3 Likes

@sv3np Thanks for this idea. We should definitely have a dedicated space for software releases. I’m gonna definitely look into this

1 Like

An email to everyone that’s bought a Pure would be cool :slight_smile: :cheese::cheese::cheese:

4 Likes

I agree.

If there was a mailing list for software releases that we could subscribe to, that would be ideal. Some times I forget to check the forum to see if there have been any new software releases.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @grilledcheesebb :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: & @user1 It’s a GREAT idea!
We’re going to see if we can make this happen.

2 Likes