New MuditaOS update for Mudita Pure- Version 1.8.0

Hi guys- We just released a new update for Mudita Pure:

MuditaOS 1.8.0 Update Highlights

In this update, we’ve focused on fixing bugs and improving your user experience. We’ve addressed 17 bugs to make your phone more reliable.

Below are the key changes:

Alarm:

• Fixed an issue where the alarm wouldn’t sound if there’s an incoming call.

• Messages now display better when they’re long.
  • Speeded up the process of copying text in the Messages app.

Contacts:

• Resolved a glitch where contacts would disappear while scrolling.
  • Enhanced the system to recognize and handle duplicate contacts.

Quotes:

• Unsupported characters in quotes now display correctly.

General:

• Fixed occasional crashes when connecting the phone to the Mudita Center app.

Auto-lock:

• Fixed a bug where the phone would lock itself if no action was taken after declining an SMS.

Lock Screen:

• The phone lock works better now, especially after 3 incorrect password attempts.

Bluetooth:

• Fixed an issue where a call wouldn’t end on a Bluetooth device even after disconnecting it on the phone.

Notes:

• Improved the speed and efficiency of copying text in the Notes app.

We hope you enjoy these enhancements and thank you for choosing MuditaOS!

5 Likes

Why has Voice over LTE been postponed again?
-Added VoLTE support in Poland, Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Canada and Austria
is now again under “unreleased” on Github.
This was supposed to come with the last update…

2 Likes

@marko Thanks for your question. I will ask the team & get back to you.

1 Like

I installed the update yesterday and then tried again today with the Pure. Even though the MP02 is now my everyday device, I think it’s important to test new updates on the Pure and give you further feedback. As far as network stability is concerned, the Pure is now back to the level of the 1.5.X updates. Since the 1.7.X, I often had the problem at home that the signal was suddenly gone, where I had two bars before, and then it only came back after a restart. This seems to be fixed now. That was one of the problems why I could no longer use the Pure in everyday use after almost a year, because it no longer had a stable signal with the 1.7 updates, where it was still there before.
What I unfortunately noticed, however, were problems with the e-ink screen that were not there before. When writing a text message, it happens that a letter in the middle of the word is not properly visible. If you delete the letter and write it again, it is visible again. Likewise, if the word slides up one line after writing it again, the letter is also visible correctly.
I am delighted that you are continuing to work on the Mudita OS, but it is a pity that new small errors creep in almost every time.

2 Likes

Yeah it seems that devs are focused on easier to fix bugs . I m pretty sure the bug with the two bars will probably appear after some time as it is not mentioned in the fixes. I m still unable to read sms in unsupported characters . A simple option to use another font would fix it
Music can’t be played in the background. So taking it to the gym is not possible as I want to listen to music and also keep notes of my progress . Bluetooth compatibility has issues, so using it with Bluetooth speaker is not an option. No shuffle option as well , no seek forward so podcasts and audiobooks are not an option .call waiting hasbt been fixed as well , whenever I receive a call while talking , it ends the call and I have no idea who was calling .
I m pretty sure once the new phone is released , pure will not get any updates or for sure not the attention it needs to become a usable device. For now it seems it would take 2-3 years of updates to make it usable as daily driver .

2 Likes

@shak & @marko
Thank you guys for your feedback. We really appreciate it & we will make sure our devs get the messages & are able to comment on your observations.

1 Like