New Mudita Pure MuditaOS 1.7.1 has been released

In this release, our main focus was on resolving bugs. We have successfully fixed a total of 40 bugs in our system. Here are the specific improvements we made:

Additions:

• Bluetooth:
    • Added missing translations for Bluetooth connection status.
    • Included a missing translation in French.

UX/UI:

• EULA Window:
    • Implemented scrolling by a few lines at once.

Fixes: Calls:

• Resolved an issue where pressing the BACK button from the “add new number” view would redirect to the dial number view.
  • Fixed a bug causing ghost calls after quickly clicking the back key to end a call.
  • Corrected the handling of USSD initiated by the “#” symbol.
  • Fixed an issue where a previously closed USSD session was not displayed correctly when using a new USSD code.
  • Addressed problems related to handling MMI/USSD codes.

• Rectified misleading SMS notification text that incorrectly indicated the number of unread messages.
  • Fixed the automatic pasting of forwarded messages into the text input field.
  • Restored missing new message notifications.
  • Resolved unresponsive behavior of the Templates window after templates were modified via MC.
  • Fixed the Template window clearing after removing all templates.
  • Corrected the marking of new messages as read in the Messages app main window.

General:

• Aligned the time limit of the pop-up volume window with the pop-up phone mode window.
  • Fixed random crashes that occurred when turning off the phone.
  • Eliminated unneeded deep refresh in empty lists (Alarm/Message/Contacts/Notes).
  • Improved support for shortening multi-line strings in dialogue titles.
  • Addressed occasional USB crashes that happened when the USB cable was disconnected during file uploads.

Contacts:

• Fixed search engine labels.
  • Resolved the issue of accessing contacts during onboarding in progress.

Alarm:

• Corrected the abbreviations of days of the week in Polish.

Music Player:

• Fixed a problem causing the device to become unresponsive after playing specific WAV files.

By addressing these bugs and making necessary improvements, we aim to provide a smoother and more reliable experience for our users.

3 Likes

Hello,
My Pure has crashed daily since this update yet when I connect to the Center it doesn’t show any evidence of this. The phone will freeze on a particular time and only restarting it will get it to behave properly. Are there any steps I should take to remedy this?

3 Likes

I’ve had the same problem daily since updating to 1.7.1. Looking forward to hearing if there’s anything I can do to remedy this.

2 Likes

@skilletsauce I think, in this case, our team would like to see the logs. Would you be able to transmit them to us via Mudita Center? This way, our team can take a look if the issue is Mudita Center or Pure. They can use the logs to hopefully recreate the issue & try to solve it.

1 Like

The Center shows no sign of the crashes therefore I don’t know how I would show the logs. Is there another way to trigger the crash report so that I can send the logs?

2 Likes

@skilletsauce When you connect your Mudita Pure to Mudita Center, it will send logs from Mudita Pure & Mudita Center.

1 Like

UPDATE: I restarted the phone and the computer and it has registered the last crash therefore I was able to send the report.

2 Likes

@skilletsauce Great. I will let the devs know to take a look at it.

1 Like

Like others here, I’ve also been getting daily crashes (freezes) since this update, requiring battery-removal to rectify. I have sent logs from mudita center, but I have no idea how to tell if center has successfully detected the crash or not, so am hoping the logs are actually useful.

The phone now often does not get its time automatically from the network. I wonder if this is related or coincidence. When the crashes started I tried factory-resetting the phone, but it gave no improvement.

The phone freezes approximately every 2 hours, making it effectively unusable until the next update. Is it possible to roll-back an OS update? Or maybe devs could re-release 1.7.0 labelled as 1.7.2?

4 Likes

@forest_cat Thanks for the feedback. Our team is aware of these issues & they are currently working to resolve them.

2 Likes

Sadly my phone has also tranformed in to an unstable, unusable brick so I had to take the sim out and put it in to an another device. It really would be nice if there were some way to dial back the OS until things get sorted that way the phone could still be of service.

3 Likes

@skilletsauce Our team is aware of these issues. I have asked when we should expect a follow-up update. Once I know, I will share it with the community.

1 Like

Hi guys, a follow-up updated with the bugfix has been released. Make sure you update your Mudita Pure if you’re experiencing issues.

2 Likes

I updated my Mudita Pure and so far have not re-experienced this issue, so it seems like it’s fixed. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@wzrd Thanks for the feedback. Please keep us posted & let us know if the issue comes up again.

1 Like

I have 4 sim cards now of all mobile operators working in Egypt, and I have the pepple grey pure.
how can I participate in testing the VOLTE and signal quality so the phone can be usable in Egypt ?

1 Like

@Amr_Osman Unfortunately, we don’t know if that will happen. The original Mudita Pure was not certified for the Egyptian telecoms, so since we do not have it, it may be not be able to do it. Sorry about that.

Anyway I did test all sim cards for extended periods of time, the result is

1. Vodafone (LTE) works and switches to 3g back and forth but generally works ok and I have found no signal drops
  2. Orange works OK but signal sometimes drops and only 3G and some times 4G
  3. Etisalat : frequent drops (3g only)
  4. WE: very frequent drops (3g only)
    the only problem is that even after changing the the USSD codes to english most of the time it wont work , the only one that worked is Vodafone *100# and it did show the time and date
    other codes succeed but never give reply
    I hope that helps
    NB: battery life is about 5 days of standby ( setting on desk doing nothing)

update: LTE now works also with orange and USSD codes work

but I noticed it switches to 3G to do that and some times it fails due to long time it takes to find network, I think enbaling VOLTE with Orange and Vodafone Egypt will make it work !