MuditaOS download

Looking github page for MuditaOS
GitHub - mudita/MuditaOS: Mobile operating system based on FreeRTOS™ optimized for E Ink displays - developed for Mudita Pure minimalist phone does not provide direct and easy to find download links. Is there a faster way to download Linux, WIndows, MacOS executables

1 Like

it was there but for some reason, the developers took the releases down

2 Likes

So there is no way to download it?

1 Like

not any more

So those feature lists are kind of sexy teasers? :smiley:

1 Like

actually the bootloader is locked and you cannot flash any firmware except through mudita center

2 Likes

Maybe users were self bricking the phones, lets wait to see what IT will do beside locking it to the app., making app mandatory.,

One bad side as that update announcements lead to github with no download. Some instruction to use Center app and where to get it would be most welclome.

1 Like

As you actually noticed, the bootloader is already non-available for users due to legal and security cases, but we have opening it on our roadmap. There’s no need to download the MuditaOS image manually - if you want to update your device, you have to use Mudita Center - the update process is straightforward.
Here you have the latest Mudita Center download page:

2 Likes

@Bartosz_sp2fet Thanks for the quick reply. I’m sure our community appreciates your input :smiley: I know I appreciate all the help & technical knowledge you provide.

Please open alternate route since Murdita Center supports few OSs. For example provide me AmigaOS 3.2.1 tools

1 Like

Are you aware that it’s not possible for us to provide you whole toolchain to run an alternate OS on PurePhone? That’s the magic of open source - you can write it on your own and contribute :wink: we’ll provide in the future a way to boot your own OS but we have to focus right now on fixing current features and adding new ones - hope you understand.

1 Like

Until future, leave kind of raw images online, for registered useers or restricted FTP.

I have asked for end product. Linux files can be compiled to AmigaOS, I can test your builds. What are minimal hw requirements, lets check can 100mHz 68080 handle it

Magic is your share of job.
Tested Builds can be uploaded to oldest FTP server.

I prefer shareware and public domain to sometime abused freedoms of FLOSS

If anyone modifies your code, how he contributes back, as of your definition of your FLOSS license?

1 Like