Mudita watch- A reality?

@urszula: a USB-c connection (to charge and connect with the computer) and an integration with the Mudita desktop would be a good solution. No Bluetooth nor Wi-Fi on the watch. If the user exports his data from the watch as excel, pdf, or a direct watch file download, it doesnā€™t jeopardize the privacy since there is no registration or names involved.

2 Likes

Similar to the old data logger function you would see in diving watches from 15-20 years ago.

3 Likes

@roberto What would you call it?

@urszula, the name for the watch? I would call it Mudita Harmony. It gives you (the) time, and it conjugates your health and wellbeing with simplicity and balance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a REALLY nice name!

2 Likes

You could check Withings for smart yet minimal watches: https://www.withings.com/it/en/watches

3 Likes

@Dobroslaw_Zybort, thank you for your suggestion. I know the brand, and it is close to what I wrote in my initial post. Still, not comparable to the minimalist concept Iā€™m looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One thing that may interest some in this thread actually is the new Huawei Watch 3. Its a reasonably interesting concept as it has all of the fitness tracking you could need, it also handles calls, and texts independently of a smart phone as you can have a sim in it, as well as a few collected features such as maps, and the ability to store loyalty cards on it. However, it has no instagram, reddit, facebook etc.

Its not quite minimalist, but its actually a really good fitness dumbphoneā€¦watchā€¦thing. So if your concern is more the attention economy rather than data privacy, it could be a really good option for some. I use mine and love it, it gives the benefits of a modern tech, but without demanding my attention constantly, especially seeing as it functions independently of my phone, so no notifications I dont want.

I suppose its for people who want a halfway house between Mudita and a smartphone, but in a watch format.

3 Likes

@rhysjones The Huawei Watch 3 is an interesting looking watch, but itā€™s imho, itā€™s your run-of-the-mill smartwatch, similart to the Apple or Samsung ones. The thing with Huawei, they are not the best example when it comes to privacy and security. There have been some espionage and security concerns concerns- specificaly that employees have been caught conducting corporate espionage in the US. Iā€™m weary of anything connected with Huawei

5 Likes

I had an Apple Watch 5 before. It is great to have an integrated system in your life (phone, computer, tablet). However, Iā€™m not the kind of person that wants to ā€œchargeā€ his watch every two, three days, at best, and honestly, it is a lot of functionalities I donā€™t use. At the moment, I have a regular Casio watch that I only use when Iā€™m not at home. Since I want to get rid of my smartphone and unnecessary gadgets, I had this idea of a minimalistic watch without Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or wireless feature, but I can still control my health in a ā€œhealthyā€ way. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for all the discussion.

3 Likes

I was going to sayā€¦ I think I already have one of these. Itā€™s called an analog watch. I got mine from Timex. :rofl:

3 Likes

@urszula: A pleasurable surprise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want a minimal analog watch, I have found a really nice one! It is available in many colors, but I really like the black model with white dial: https://pictowatches.com/pw_eur_en/picto-40-mm-white-matt-black-2.html

2 Likes

If you are a tinkerer, you also have Watchy. Can be made to look retro trendy, atleast. :slightly_smiling_face:
Unfortunately out of stock atm, but a cool development community.

2 Likes

There you goā€¦

Can you put a strap on it?

1 Like

@roxx: I was referring to the name change from Mudita Bell to Mudita Harmony, the name I suggested in this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah sorry. Thatā€™s what I was awkwardly aiming at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@roberto I love this forum! You guys come up with the best ideas! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Reality confirmed :wink:

2 Likes

@Wojciech_Wasiluk YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

POW! Itā€™s here!

2 Likes