Mudita Pure vs Punkt MP02

An interesting concept. However, the 5G is a no-go for me.

The punkt looks better

1 Like

Ditto. The ā€œGMS Wizardā€ is another no-go for me, given its inherent support for privacy invasion by Google.

GMS wizard
Walk through wizard in case you may want install apps from Google Play store*
** A valid Google account is necessary.*

People who use de-Googled phones (phones with no Google apps) know that there are apps for downloading apps from the Play Store anonymously. I am dismayed that Punkt. promotes the privacy benefits of the MC02 but includes an app that requires a Google ID to access the Google Play Store.

2 Likes

So I got the 4g plan but it does not seem to make a difference because whenever I call it accesses only 3g. Not sure why this happens. Now in the basement I put the chatr sim in my Cat and it had the same connection issue the mudita has. This seems to be a problem in Canada with any Rogers provider (Fido, Chatr etc) unless you are using a 5g phone. I definitely got my Mudita fix but now the issue I am going to have is if I am ever out in a basement by Cat flip wonā€™t work either! So frustrating lolā€¦

1 Like

The Cat actually does connect at times in the basement for a period of time. I am going to give it a full day with this sim and see how it holds up. Right now I am in my family room which is usually a dead spot but phone is connected and has been connected for about 10 mins with 2.5 bars. Going to see how it handles a connection when I leave for the library see how the connection holds up there

1 Like

It is really odd the phone shows its connected but when I make a call to it from the textnow app the phone does not ring. But when I text from the textnow app the message comes to the Mudita. So even right now if someone is trying to call me they canā€™t reach me. I would have to put the phone near the window. Which may be a small price to pay to keep using the phone lolā€¦god I wish it would work for me :frowning:

1 Like

I find the MC02 very disappointing. All the software is based upon software already out there and the hardware is quite inferior. After reading about the new MC02 on their site today I just thought to myself that Iā€™d much rather stick with my Pixel 8 running GrapheneOS. The Pixel 8 hardware is far better and GrapheneOS does everything ApostrphyOS does and much more.

1 Like

Theyā€™re missing the point of minimalism in my opinion, however perhaps thatā€™s not what theyā€™re going for. Good luck to them though. I still canā€™t wait for Muditaā€™s next offering. Please have an e-ink screen.

1 Like

Just realized even with this provider I am missing some text messages. My wife texted me something, and I had no idea what she was talking about lol. Because the previous message did not come inā€¦yupā€¦now i am done lol

1 Like

I have joined you Marko, tried like hell to get the Mudita to work for me but I pulled the trigger on the Punkt, light grey

2 Likes

For me, E Ink or anything else truly readable in bright sunlight

2 Likes

Similarly, Iā€™d much rather stick with my Sunbeam Wireless F1 Orchid running BasicOS (and ā€œempoweredā€ by Sunbeamā€™s Premium service), as well as my SIM-less Pixel 4a running CalyxOS in daily use for podcasts and two-factor authentication and in an emergency as a backup to my Orchid.

Given that the Orchid and the 4a continue to work well for how I want them to work, I am foregoing Sunbeamā€™s new F1 Pro series and waiting to see what Mudita releases next!

3 Likes

I donā€™t blame you, I had been doing the same with the Pixel/GrapheneOS and the Mudita Pure as my carry around. That was until Iā€™d missed a couple of important calls due to reception, although I do understand the Pureā€™s limitations and I respect that. I would love to try the Sunbeam however I donā€™t believe itā€™s useable in the UK right now, definitely with my carrier anyway.
Sounds like you have a good balance going on, Iā€™m looking to get that back too.

2 Likes

I owned the Sunbeam Orchid ultimately anything with speech to text just kept me addicted to the phone. I have a very severe tech addiction even text messaging waiting to see if I got messages back etc gives me unnecessary dopamine hits. I need something with old school triple click texting to really cause a huge amount of friction. Even with my Cat S22 flip I use the freedom blocking app which locks me out of texting because I use the android swiping texting feature. I really hope the new Mudita phones work here in North America

2 Likes