Mudita Pure Sound Test Clips

A few of you have asked for us to post some sound tests on the forum. I know we have a separate Video Thread with videos of Mudita Pure- but I think having a dedicated sound thread will also help. Our team member @Bartosz_sp2fet recorded some sounds with a Zoom H4 recorder, so the quality should be OK.

Here is Sound #1
I’m using Mudita Space to store these files :slight_smile:
https://storage.mudita.com/#/shared/JTdCJTIyc2VjcmV0TGluayUyMjp0cnVlJTJjJTIybGluayUyMjolMjIjNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjVmh1U3VzYWZjWFdtZUVaeXEzZlVRRmtRSzNzWk5remJUMXdKNVJzdlVKNWMvNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjV1FVb2RLU0ZvWXo4ZERuclV0bnVLRzU4QlB5N21WWGVUNVZnZ3BNVjU5TFYvOFc5WW5vSDFSUHp3QTNETHlFQ1NNVUpnOUNXdnhMUUdRZWd6WUJ5VTl5ay81UGY3U3ZnZlhjWHZmSHRwdmY1VVBSSmJOVWo1UFNNZjZHdU1aekYzTFB4TGgxRVNZbm8lMjIlN0Q=

Sound #2
https://storage.mudita.com/#/shared/JTdCJTIyc2VjcmV0TGluayUyMjp0cnVlJTJjJTIybGluayUyMjolMjIjNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjVmh1U3VzYWZjWFdtZUVaeXEzZlVRRmtRSzNzWk5remJUMXdKNVJzdlVKNWMvNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjV1FVb2RLU0ZvWXo4ZERuclV0bnVLRzU4QlB5N21WWGVUNVZnZ3BNVjU5TFYvOVl1NzM4dlE2eHV0Y2M2MXA3VkJEdlhVZVBYUzZvS21jdnVjVlF6UWhZeVQvNVBmN1N2aUVzZE1YV2JpTXRGblJVeFVXOGZFNmNmUTR1UGJkSlc0WDE4VnhMYlNtczltJTIyJTdE

what is Mudita Space?

1 Like

@bksparrow It’s our cloud-based storage. It’s free & you can sign up & check it out

Made in the EU. Hosted in Switzerland on a fully carbon-neutral infrastructure.

1 Like

there might be some distortion due to the way it was recorded - if you were concerned, I can record it on a stand, so no reflection from the desk should happen.

1 Like

Can we see a recording of a phone call (on a loud speaker)? The music sound is fine for me.

1 Like

sure, I’ve recorded a sample and passed it to @urszula to upload it to the storage :wink:

1 Like

@andrzej Here’s the link to the call on Loudspeaker:
https://storage.mudita.com/#/shared/JTdCJTIyc2VjcmV0TGluayUyMjp0cnVlJTJjJTIybGluayUyMjolMjIjNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjVmh1U3VzYWZjWFdtZUVaeXEzZlVRRmtRSzNzWk5remJUMXdKNVJzdlVKNWMvNk1EWmhSUlBUNHVna0p1VWZjV1FVb2RLU0ZvWXo4ZERuclV0bnVLRzU4QlB5N21WWGVUNVZnZ3BNVjU5TFYvRGdCcXBiQXVzVGozMzNWcUhYSDI0YzRYbnZQWmRXZVF0WHExTVBycWd5RGEvNVBmN1N2WHAzUHdEejVCUFZYaHVWZmhjbkVITVN5cTJzN01EYUhnd0FlcHhrMTI1WGJSJTIyJTdE

2 Likes

@urszula the photo you sent is a earspeaker recording :wink: the loudspeaker was recorded as on the photo above https://forum.mudita.com/uploads/default/original/2X/b/b8728802ab65fadd5f2b11b1ffbe9cb08a180b43.jpeg

2 Likes

@Bartosz_sp2fet Got it! Thanks

It’s not terrible, but I hope software will be able to improve it a tad more.

1 Like

As far as the capacity of the Pure to work as a music player, can you please clarify whether the phone is setup to genuinely work as a high quality audio device?

The website says that the pure will work with FLAC files, for example, but if these are then compressed down to a lower quality file, it will be a waste…

Being able to listen to music would be a key reason I would like the Pure, so a mediocre music player would be a key reason I would cancel my order…

1 Like

For me, sound quality, especially in calls, is paramount. I have abandoned phones and networks because I couldn’t work out what was being said by the other party. With a phone such as the Pure, which does minimal things, it should do those things exceptionally well, therefore the music player quality is also extremely important to me.

Can I assume that all 3 sound clips were recorded from the Pure’s built-in loudspeaker? The music sounded as good as one could expect from such a small speaker, but the phone call sounded extremely muffled. I could hear three syllables, repeated over and over, but could not identify the words. My nearest guess, would be “raz, dwa, trzy”, but that’s more an educated guess based on the location of the designers and the typical things people say when testing audio devices! Can anyone confirm whether the Pure makes clear phone calls or not? How does it compare to other phones? Audio quality during calls is the last potential stumbling-block before I go ahead and place my order.

1 Like

@forest_cat You’re right, @Bartosz_sp2fet is saying “raz, dwa, trzy” in the speaker test. (One, two, three- for all non-Polish speakers) I can hear it clearly & it doesn’t sound muffled to me. Does it sound muffled to anyone else?
We can post a conversation in ENG if that would help.

@urszula thank you, I suspect most of the problem was my laptop speakers (too tinny) and desktop computer speakers (too old). The sound file sounds far better through a set of headphones. It’s still not as clear as my Nokia, but this could be a side-effect of this file being a recording of a phone, not the phone itself.

If anyone else could comment on call quality on the Pure vs their previous phone (if they ever had a cell phone before), I’m sure that would still be very useful. I don’t mind not having an English recording, I’m guessing any non Polish-speakers here will just chime in if they want one.

1 Like

Hi,
@bksparrow, right now we do downsample the audio files to lower samplerate, but let me assure you that this is temporary and we’re actually working on full compatibility with the higher rates.
@forest_cat you have here both earspeaker and loudspeaker recordings with a photo showing the way of recording. I do suggest using high-quality headphones to listen to those recordings as laptop/PC speakers won’t give you the quality you should get. The Zoom H4 mics are pretty good, as they are used in professional recordings, so I would negate the recording path as the one which causes any distortion or loss of quality.

2 Likes

@Bartosz_sp2fet Can we do an actual call quality test? I can call you from my Pure & you can record it with that mic you have?

I think that we could arrange such a test, but not today - I have no place to take a recording right now

1 Like

@Bartosz_sp2fet I’ll be in touch

1 Like