Mudita Pure Review Video (March 2022) || Updates to come as Mudita releases them

5 Likes

Thanks, @Jose_Briones! That was quite informative – not only about the current state of the Pure but also about your values.

For example, you mentioned that you like getting links in text messages and that you like look up something “real quick” (on the Web). I’m in the group that does not enjoy browsing on a cellphone. And, I cannot tell you how many times these days I have helped someone to use a website simply by telling that person to visit the site on a computer instead of on a cellphone – even if the site is built with RWD (Responsive Web Design) in mind.

2 Likes

Yep. As I’ve said before, I am not on the target demographic of this phone. I respect those who are but want to be honest about it with others who think this phone will evolve into something it won’t. The Pure will be a 1-1 sms and calls phone. And that’s a good thing for those who need that.

I want/need the following on a phone:

1. SMS, groups included.
  2. Directions (offline are fine, but step by step is preferred) for work as I travel to different locations
  3. Images and links to my email
  4. Podcasts
  5. Music
  6. Calls (Verizon due to my travel)

Anything else is extra stuff for me and I welcome it but don’t need it. Signal would be great or any private Instant messenger. But it’s not necessary. Calendar is nice, but not a must as I have a physical agenda. Alarms I have a clock for that. QR code loader would be fine to keep my airport pass, but I can print it. Again the 6 above must work for me.

2 Likes

I don’t browse on cell phone since I don’t have a browser on the LP2. But I am able to get the links forwarded to my email and then I can look them up later on a desktop/laptop. This makes things really convenient for automatic texts from establishments, confirming appointments, etc.

2 Likes

That’s a handy list! I’m with you on 4, 5, and 6 as well as the SMS part of 1.

Your list reminded me that you have a super-useful “Dumbphone Finder”, so I just visited it. I eliminated several cellphones such that only the Mudita Pure remained, but I noticed something odd in the filtration area. There is a checkbox for “MP3 Only” under “PODCASTS/MUSIC”. Unless you know something that I don’t know, the Mudita Pure supports “Audio playback format: MP3, WAV, FLAC”. So, you may want to update that in your finder. I know: maintaining the accuracy of your finder could be a full-time job!

Keep up the great work, @Jose_Briones!

1 Like

Yes. The dumbphone finder is useful haha.

I’ll edit that to local files instead of mp3. That’s a better designation. If you have an even better one let me know.

2 Likes