Mudita Pure cellular reception and SIM card keeps disconnecting

Hello,

My Mudita Pure keeps experiencing cellular issues and disconnections with its SIM card. It always has either no reception or 1-2 bars. This is likely due to its low SAR and my area not having the best coverage. I am going to install a signal booster on my roof and hope this will fix the cellular reception.

However, another issue is that the SIM card keeps disconnecting. My Pure will just keep displaying ‘no card’ as if there is no SIM card inside. This happens frequently every day. I’ve used two different SIM cards and two different cellular carriers, so I assume it is a hardware issue as if the SIM card isn’t making contact with the phone. I even cleaned the golden pad of the SIM card with isopropyl alcohol.

My Pure is updated to the latest software update of 1.7.0. However it also experienced these same issues on the previous software 1.6.0. I am hoping the signal booster will fix the cellular reception of my Pure, but I do not know how to fix the issue of my SIM card constantly being disconnected.

Another possible solution I can think of is the APN settings. My current cellular carrier is a MVNO that operates on T-Mobile’s GSM network. There are currently four APN settings that were automatically generated: 1) tmus, 2) sos, 3) ims, and 4) fast.t-mobile.com. My MVNO says to have the following APN settings:

APN: mnet
MCC MNC: 310 260
MMSC: http://pwg.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
Username: Leave it blank
Password: Leave it blank

However, the Pure is unable to add an APN setting. It only allows you to edit an existing APN setting. Therefore, I am unsure which APN setting to edit, or even if I should edit one of the APN settings. Even if I can edit one, the only fields available for me to edit are the following: Name, APN, Username, Password, Authentication Type, APN type, and APN protocol. There are not any fields to edit for MCC MNC and MMSC. If I should edit any of these four APN settings, which one and fields do I input the MCC MNC and MMSC?

Thank you for reading,

Ryan

1 Like

@ryan_94
The APN settings won;t do anything for the SIM cards. I believe they are automatically set by the carrier, so it’s best not to alter or change them.
As far as the sim cards go, you write that you tried two different sim cards, however, have you tried using different slots in the tray? Please try that. If that doesn’t work, please contact our customer support directly & they will be able to guide you though some more fixes, and if those don’t work, they can facilitate a warranty replacement,
Their email is: support@mudita.com

Hi @urszula, thanks for your reply.
I’ll try putting the sim card in slot 2 instead to see if that will make a difference. I’ll report back here if I experience the issue again. If this does fix the issue, then I assume the sim card tray is slightly bent where the slot 1 doesn’t make flush contact with the PCB of the phone.
Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

@ryan_94 Yes, please do report back. If the situation does not change, then definitely follow up with our customer service department.

1 Like