Mudita Pure Battery Life

I’m considering buying Mudita Pure. I’ve read mixed reviews about the battery life. Even here on the forum, there are several different experiences. Some say 2-3 days, some say 6-7.
Current Mudita Pure owners, what’s your battery life?

2 Likes

For me, it’s usually three days. Depending on how much I talk on the phone.
But I have to say that I don’t switch off the Pure at night but only set it to offline mode. It then lies on a dresser in the hallway. That’s because it used to take a long time to establish a connection after it was switched on. But I will now test it with the current update and see how it works.

Oh, and I have the display and key lighting on. I think that also plays a role.

3 Likes

So with the latest update, the battery life has definitely increased. I now have a runtime of about 6 days until the X appears in the battery symbol.
I have turned off the keypad light and instead of the constant clock on the display, I have the Mudita logo, which does not change and thus saves the battery. At night, I turn the Pure off completely.
I write several text messages a day and have about 2 short phone calls a week.
I hope this gives some here a good impression of the current battery life.
Let’s see if there is more in it with future updates :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@marko Thanks for the feedback. I glad you also noticed the battery improvements.
How’s your signal stability?

3 Likes

The signal is very stable. I had an experience where I went to pick up a friend and I was supposed to ring his phone when I got there. When I arrived there was no signal and it took 3-4 minutes to get a signal again. That was annoying, but that was the exception now.

3 Likes

@marko That’s good to hear. Is PURE your main phone, currently?

2 Likes

Yes, I only use the Pure, and my desk phone at home.
I had a period last year where the Pure had very poor reception and also small crashes and hang-ups. But since a few updates, that’s really a thing of the past. I am so happy with the Pure and it has really changed my life. I’ve had it since last summer and through the Pure and not using my smartphone, I’ve integrated so many new great habits, routines and rituals into my life. I have become much more mindful and I so often just enjoy the silence and the inner peace. No more urge to look at my phone because I might miss some news or messages…
I have improved my sleep routine extremely, I meditate daily, I appreciate little things even more. Good food, waking up in my room in the morning, going to work by bike (I had a bad accident two years ago and could barely take care of myself, let alone ride a bike, so I am grateful that this is possible again).
I’m going back to more analogue things in my everyday life that give me deceleration. My analogue phone at home, my vinyl player, writing letters by hand with a fountain pen and beautiful paper and ink, or writing with my typewriter, taking photos with my analogue camera.
It’s so much and oh, I could write a novel here now… The fact is that the Mudita team has influenced my life and steered it in a very positive direction.
And even if the Pure still lacks a little something, like telephony via LTE, eliminating the remaining and rare reception problems, a usable media player with fast-forward and rewind, remembering the last part of a song…
But these are small things and what you have achieved so far with Mudita is really enormous.
I hope you continue in the same way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use the Pure as my Main and only Phone, never turn it off and never activate Offline Mode. Usually I get around 3 - 4 days Battery life. Here’s the catch though: I talk a lot on the phone! Normally I get calls for 1 - 2 hours everyday. So with keeping that in mind, the Battery life for 3 - 4 days is very good IMO.

When I don’t call so often the Battery lasts quite longer. A little tip when you do research on the Pure, watch out for recent Reviews and Updates from Users, because so many things got better since Release and many things that the first Reviews mentioned are things that I never encountered because of the good Update cycle.

2 Likes

@nanomaron We’re glad things are working out with the Pure.
My two little tricks for making the battery last longer go like this:

• Offline Mode at night
  • Answering texts via Mudita Center, which requires me to plug it into the computer for a few minutes. every day.

This results in about 6-7 days of battery before I fully have to charge.

3 Likes