Mudita Media Player?

Hi, it is should be noted that Spotify music can not be used outside the Spotify app. So, Mudita Media Player can’t play Spotify music unless you use a Spotify music downloader to download Spotify songs to local files.

1 Like

As a bit of a music nerd and audiophile, it must be noted that if you download and convert a music file, that is transcoding and lowers the quality of the file.
It is also not giving artists any credit for their work.
Tomorrow, 2 April, is Bandcamp Friday (https://isitbandcampfriday.com/) and it is the best day of the month to give your favourite artists a little extra scratch!

2 Likes

Will the music player work with Spotify in the future? Currently, I have to use an extra Spotify MP3 downloader to convert Spotify songs to MP3 files then transfer the files the music player. Though it works it is a bit time-consuming.

1 Like

@John_Weems are you asking about streaming? As in, if PURE will be able to stream in the future?

Hey, it is easy for you to connect Spotify to other devices. But you need help from a third-party tool as Spotify is not supported on some devices. You could try the tool Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to help you. Hope it will meet your needs.

1 Like

Will there be a speed control on the Pure’s “Music” player? I ask because I often listen to podcast MP3s at 1.2x. (I did not find the answer in this forum.)

1 Like

It’s on the roadmap, and you’ve just moved it a bit higher :slight_smile: Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

I was always in the apple eco system, so I have used tunefab apple music converter (39.99 for lifetime access), to change podcasts, audio books and itunes music library. I have started to transfer my listening for the week ahead on Monday morning with select picks for the week. Waiting for folder options in the player, which would be brill.

1 Like

@alanj Just out of curiosity, does being on the apple ecosystem feel constraining? It’s a little bit like Hotel California…"You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave."

1 Like

Hi Lukasz, how can I add music through the desktop app? Thanks

1 Like

@Elizabeth_Galanis That function will be available in the future. Currently, our team is working on this.

1 Like

Although you can add music via MTP (Android File Transfer app on Mac) - it’s not the go-to solution, but better than nothing :wink:

1 Like

I prefer to play Spotify through AMusicSoft Spotify Converter. It supports many common outputs such as MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC. And the original ID3 tags and metadata info will be kindly kept so you will never lose the title, artist, album and artwork, etc. It will become an easy thing to upload songs to any device including Mudita Media Player. I use it to converter the newest albums or songs so that I can play them on my mp3 player without a premium account. (AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter: Download and Convert Spotify Songs and Playlist)

1 Like

You should note that Spotify music cannot be used outside of the Spotify application. ViWzard Spotify Music Converter can meet your needs, even if you haven’t subscribed to any premium packages, you can convert Spotify songs to MP3 files or other formats, and then transfer the files to a music player.

1 Like