Mudita Kompakt, QR codes & party games

One question I see a lot from people who are considering a Mudita Kompakt is: “Will I feel left out with a minimalist phone?”

It’s an understandable concern, especially when even a get-together can involve someone announcing: “Everyone, grab your phones and scan this QR code!”

That happened at a party I attended over the weekend. We were playing a Kahoot! quiz, and I had my Mudita Kompakt with me (of course). Time to put it to the test. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Using **CalmQR, the QR code app created by one of our community members @jacobrmoss ** , I scanned the code, opened the link in my Brave browser, and joined the game.



And yes, I made the podium. Third place! Apparently, my trivia knowledge needs more work than my choice of phone. :joy:

I wanted to share this little moment because conversations about minimalist phones often focus on what you might have to give up. Here was a situation where Mudita Kompakt helped me join in, have fun, and get a little competitive with friends.

A big thank-you to the creator of CalmQR and everyone building useful apps for Mudita Kompakt. These small tools can make a real difference in everyday situations. :yellow_heart:

Has your Kompakt surprised you with something useful or unexpected? Share your stories below. Bonus points if you have photographic evidence of beating smartphone users at a party game. :wink:

1 Like

For me it’s not so much scanning QR codes (I got a bit tired of that anyways :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) but getting QR codes scanned. At the cinema, train tickets, flight tickets… I never had an issue with getting them scanned on the Mudita. That way I don’t have to go old school and always print the tickets, which I would forget anyways. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Nothing spectacular, but a standard dumbphone could probably not get the job done…

1 Like