Mudita Kompakt. A kickstarter?

Ok. So here is a link to the Mudita website for the Kompakt Mudita Kompakt

If this is another kickstarter, I am not super enthused. I would have hoped that the development is way ahead of schedule (maybe it is). Can we get some confirmation?

3 Likes

Me too. I hoped to see all the details, specs, some photos and maybe launch date :slight_smile: If it’s another campaign on kickstarter… I’m out. Do you guys at least showing the Kompakt on WMC in Barcelona?

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones & @andrzej

First & foremost thank you for the enthusiasm and curiosity that you’ve guys shown towards our newest project.

Yes, we’ve made the decision to utilize Kickstarter. It’s not driven by a need for initial development funding, but it’s more like an essential step forward. We’re going the Kickstarter route because it not only allows us to share our progress, but also invites you to be a part of the journey, offering early access with special pricing to a broad community that shares our values and excitement for mindful technology. It’s a path we’re excited to take, knowing it brings us closer to delivering a product that truly resonates with our community’s values and expectations.
In fact, Mudita Kompakt is in advanced stages of development, a testament to which is its availability for firsthand experience by participants at MWC 2024.

In that way, Mudita Kompakt is not just a concept, much more of a reality that we are excited to share with the world. That’s why we have structured our campaign to ensure that the gap between the end of the Kickstarter campaign and the shipping of the Mudita Kompakt is minimal. Our backers will not have to endure a lengthy wait to receive their devices. I think we’ve mentioned on this forum a few times, in the beginning of last year, that we are working on new phones. So, there’s been a lot of behind-the-scenes work which some people may not be aware about.

On the topic of sneak peeks: we’re eager to share more about Mudita Kompakt with you & we have more sneak peeks on the horizon. So, rest assured, more glimpses into Mudita Kompakt’s development will be shared shortly, showcasing the thoughtful design and innovative features, that we believe make Mudita Kompakt a unique device in the world of technology.
Your support and interest mean the world to us. We’re on this journey together, and every question, concern, and piece of feedback you provide is invaluable as we move forward.

Stay Tuned!

4 Likes

Is similar kickstarter planned for Pure 2?
Can we know estitamed frame of KS campaign time and cost of basic offers there?
Knowing basic KS terms a bit head helps :smiley:

1 Like

I would have to echo @Jose_Briones comments, I am not interested in another Kickstarter. I will withhold judgement for the time being, but I am just not a fan of companies using Kickstarter as a preorder system.

All indications point to a fair amount of development time already spent on the Kompakt, so it’s going to get produced at some time in the future. Using Kickstarter to gauge interest for a product in development already seems like you’re just making your problem my problem. If what you want is a way to know how many to make, I would ask why you just don’t put a sign up/order page on your own website.
Here’s hoping we won’t have to worry about a Kickstarter.

3 Likes

@jeromey & @RasVoja

Thank you for voicing your thoughts. We really appreciate hearing all your concerns. To clarify: Our goal with Kickstarter is centered around reaching a wider audience who could benefit from a healthier relationship with technology. We see Kickstarter as an opportunity to grow a movement towards mindful technology use and the platform allows us to connect with a broad community eager for mindful tech alternatives. Like I’ve mentioned in my previous post, the advanced development of Mudita Kompakt, demonstrated by its showcase at MWC 2024, signifies that we’re not in the early stages of development, so going the Kickstarter route give us a much broader reach.

2 Likes

Thank you for that explanation, @urszula. It tells me that Mudita sees Kickstarter as yet another platform, beyond mudita.com and MWC 2004, for marketing the Mudita Kompakt, which already is in advanced development. This makes sense to me.

3 Likes

Many thanks for all the informations.
I second RasVoja. Is there any plan for a kickstarter for the Pure 2 ? Or even a possible timeframe ?

2 Likes

Do you guys have some MWC coverage? I haven’t seen any articles or extra pictures/demos.

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones We posted some pix & videos on Linkedin & Twitter. However, our guys are super busy (as you can imagine the vibe there is insane) so we post pix as they send them to us, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

I see. I was expecting more pictures of the Kompakt, but I guess we’ll just have to wait further.

3 Likes

Thank you @urszula for the explanation. I am hoping Mudita can get some mainstream coverage for the Kompakt at MWC and through Kickstarter. The product is definitely needed so hopefully the new products can start a discussion with mainstream folks. Course news outlets doing their due diligence with the science and not just oohing and aahing at shiny toys would also help.

3 Likes

While pictures and videos are “call of the day”, some general phone specifications would be more of what we should expect. Also on software side :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m waiting for these information to decide my future “digital mobile”.

4 Likes

Yeah same here…right now I am on the light phone and enjoying it , for me a directions app is crucial. That is the main reason I keep coming back to the light phone 2…it allows me to take my phone on family trips and still have access to directions. I have had my Cat S22flip off for almost a week now, and I love just using a dumbphone all the time. I am excited about the Mudita pure 2 but if it does not have any directions app I don’t see myself throwing down money for it , that and I am still unsure it will work in Canada. Will see what the Kompact looks like…if it has directions and it truly minimal with only usefull apps on it I might give it a go…but I am unsure until I get more infor about it

2 Likes