Mudita Harmony Update

Based on the preview release notes for v1.9.0, intended for March it seems to be about bug fixes, not about new features. @urszula indicated that the custom sleep sound feature is somewhat there. @urszula can you please elaborate for which release/month/quarter it is going to be at this point? Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@sv3np I asked for clarification from the team on this topic I originally communicated that the audio file implementation will be released in March. However, I don’t know if there will be one update or two. I will clarify this & get back to you.

4 Likes

Hi guys- So I got some clarification on the Mudita Harmony update.
In the next few weeks there will be two back-to-back updates. One will focus on the bugfixes, it’s detailed HERE:

Then there will be a follow-up update with the custom audio implementation. I am working on getting the updated change log posted, so stay tuned.

6 Likes

Any time frame for these releases?

1 Like

@ltdan I will ask, I know the first one could be quite soon. The test are being done at the moment. I will ask about the follow up one. & I will also ask for the change log to be published.

I share everyone else’s frustrations here. It’s been some months since I last checked for an update, as to be quite frank I was getting tired of hearing the same excuses. It has now been a whole year since the order of my Harmony and the main reason I got it was so that I could have an alarm clock that wakes you gently and one that you can either have white/brown noise on all night to eliminate the need to have a clock and a white noise machine or upload your own choice of sound to play overnight. Unfortunately, I am still unable to do this and I still have to have 2 devices, I wish I had just returned the Harmony when it first arrived. However, I was patient as the promises of these major software changes came over and over again.

Very disappointed to see STILL it can’t be used for its advertised features.

2 Likes

Also. Very frustrating to see that the engineers have had time to develop a harmony 2.0 in the time they have been prioritising getting the first version just to meet the advertised features. Yes, that is intended to sound passive aggressive.

3 Likes

Adding audio tracks STILL isn’t implemented? Are you guys serious?

I bought this thing like 2 years ago and that was one of the main advertised selling points. I logged back in to update it thinking “It’s been a year, surely there have been 10+ updates since then and adding audio tracks has long since been added, along with many other new features and hundreds of new relaxation tracks”. Nope, apparently just a slightly bigger font and adding a meditation log for some reason.

I could have gotten a cheap alarm clock on Amazon for 10% of what I spent on my Harmony, and it would have the full advertised functionality and I wouldn’t need to check for updates online to see if the thing that I bought the clock for has been added yet, after over a year. Also, the thing still doesn’t reliably respond to clicks in the menu because of some unnecessary input delay, and it’s still running fast and gaining minutes. It works as a decent alarm clock but nothing beyond that, and certainly not what was advertised.

I’m glad I cancelled my phone preorder after reports it wasn’t tested and didn’t work in the USA, and it looks like I should have walked away from the alarm clock too. Design awards don’t mean anything when your products don’t WORK. I would advise anyone reading this to be extremely careful of buying anything from this company. They have attractive marketing but that’s all they have.

3 Likes

My post from a year ago!:

Apr '22

So I’ve had my Harmony for about a month now and there are a few things that have really disappointed me.

I wanted an alarm clock that would gradually light up (like Lumie) but also had built in white noise - to replace the separate white noise machine.

From everything advertised on the site it said it has the ability to play white noise.

The issue is that first it doesn’t actually have ‘white noise’ or brown noise, etc it has some preloaded tracks and you can’t even have them on a continuous loop. So you aren’t able to goto sleep listening to white noise as I do now with a separate device. Of course - I read it has the ability for you to have your own tracks… great except it doesn’t have that feature or any indication when that is happening. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

The display looks great, except when I haven’t used it for a while when you scroll you get what I can only describe as a ‘shadow’ like the screen is lagging.

The reverse arrow button on the right of my device doesn’t press like the sunlight button does and feels like it is most probably a defect.

Positives - it looks nice, it’s functional as an alarm clock. (Albeit overpriced for its limited capabilities)

The wake up sounds are good and the gradual light works fine too.

I really hope this firmware update happens soon as I feel it has some rather large flaws that need to be addressed soon.

1 Like

Although there is one function canceled (Thermometer) and the other one (own sounds) ist delayed. The Harmony is still a great product and all the other functions work perfectly, especially since the last update which improved battery life drastically

1 Like

@denis_b Thanks for the feedback.
We did cancel the temp function very early on in the development & we were very transparent about it.
The audio feature implementation turned out to be a bigger hurdle than we originally anticipated. It’s created to work with Mudita Center & getting it to sync up was not as easy as we thought. However, we are almost at the finish line :slight_smile: and are preparing to release it shortly.

1 Like