Mudita Harmony Update

I have not heard anything new regarding the next update to the Mudita Harmony. I am still patiently waiting for the advertised ability to add my own tracks to the device. As mentioned before, that was the primary reason for my purchase of the device.

Can more transparency around the update be shared with the community?

Thanks

5 Likes

@jeromey Thanks for reaching out. We’ve discussed this topic extensively on this forum. Do you log in often? Because you might have missed all the updates. The forum is telling me the last time you posted was 5 months ago? If that’s the case, there have been some software updates for both Harmony, Mudita Center & Mudita Pure.
Our team even posted all the change logs of all the updates and future release notes on our website because we do want to be transparent about what we are doing. You can find the all of the releases regarding Mudita Harmony here: Mudita Support
Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

I check sometimes from my tablet, which isn’t logged in. I know there have been updates to the Harmony, but to date I have not heard about when the ability to add my own sounds will be released.
I would like to just know how long I have to wait for the advertised feature to be added to the Harmony. Can someone advise when it will be coming out? Because it seems to have slipped all the quoted timelines I recall seeing.
I was expecting more transparency around this feature because it was a feature advertised to be available at launch. I understand if there were circumstances that prevented the feature from being added at launch, but I was hoping that delivering updates to bring the device up to its advertised state would have priority. I seem to be mistaken in that assumption.

5 Likes

@jeromey: I would love to see a project-management flowchart or a swimlanes chart posted and regularly updated by Mudita, so that all of us Harmony owners could see when Mudita predicts the launch of a new feature. Granted, the chart might need frequent corrections, but at least we would have a visual to check every so often.

7 Likes

Hi, there is one step in this direction.

Mudita started announcing details about the next upcoming release, its version no., scheduled month and what will be added/fixed. There is for each product a section present called Future Release Notes on the Mudita Support page. So, for Mudita Harmony the next release would be Mudita Harmony 1.7.0 (Preview).

Edit: Sorry. The above portion is a kind of repetition of what @urszula already wrote here. Somehow I overlooked and phrased it in my own words. But maybe it made sense to emphasize it one more time? :sweat_smile:

Aside that, I wonder if a polling could be implemented to rate which feature(s) would be anticipated most in an upcoming release by the community and/or owners of a product. For instance, a slot in an upcoming release could be settled by such poll being selected from a list curated by Mudita.

4 Likes

Looking at the expected changes in the next update I still didn’t see a mention of adding my own sounds to the device.
:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

@jeromey From what was communicated to me, is that the ability to add your own audio to Mudita Harmony will be implemented in the next quarter. It was always a priority, however, as more & more devices went out, there were bugs & issues that needed immediate fixing, so our team prioritized that. I will ask for an updated time line regarding this issue.

6 Likes

hello @jeromey we do understand that this feature is important for you, it is really important for many users and we’ve always had that in mind. As i mentioned on other threads - it’s the most complex feature so far since it combines works both on Harmony and Center, but also has to be similar to other products such as Pure and be possible to implement to any future Mudita products. Despite its complexity, it does have the highest prio among other features. Since works on this feature depend on other products, it’s hard to predict the exact scope when it’ll be implemented. Therefore, we plan release scopes having in mind we might add this feature as soon as we’ll know it’s ready in other products. This is why you’ll not find it in advance. For now, 1.7.0. is at the finishing line and will be tested shortly. We are aiming to add this feature to 1.8.0. but it can’t be confirmed at this point. We know it’s frustrating that we are not sharing the long term plans with you. The truth is, we always try to stay flexible and if we have a chance to deliver better product faster, we’ll just take it so that you can enjoy this feature quicker. Hope it’ll help you get the better picture. We are very thankful for your patience!

6 Likes

I went online today to view software information for the Mudita Harmony and I noticed a few updates had come online since I last checked. I was concerned again to see that adding my own audio files to the device is still not implemented.

I was mostly frustrated because adding my own music was an advertised feature of the product and is still not implemented. Meanwhile, new features that were not advertised are implemented in the software updates. I could understand if the team was still squashing bugs and can’t get to adding an advertised feature. I get the idea that sometimes you have to ship something. But when unadvertised features are added, taking time away from bringing the product to the baseline of the product description, I just don’t understand how you are prioritizing.

So here I am still frustrated, trying not to be angry about this whole situation. Adding my audio files to the Harmony, so I could relax while falling asleep without a glowing screen, was THE reason I bought your product. I did so, not because of some future promise but because that was advertised as a day one feature.

I would appreciate some form of response that can assure me the feature is coming, but I am starting to lose hope that you will live up to your promises.

6 Likes

@jeromey The ability to add my own audio was the main reason why I chose the Harmony over less expensive alarm clocks. I have gone beyond the frustration phase since I purchased my Harmony in December 2021. At this point I can only assume that the implementation of said feature was on the table initially but the logistics of making it a reality proved too much. It would have been nice if it was advertised as a proposed future feature rather than one that would be present right out of the box but there isn’t much that can be done now. I still hold out hope that this feature will be implemented but only time will tell.

3 Likes

@skilletsauce thanks for the support. Hopefully this will get resolved soon. I’d hate to do it but maybe I need to find an Android tablet with an e-ink screen that can play music.

That would be a shame cause other than the missing feature the Harmony is a nice device, just not worth the premium over a standard alarm clock (to me).

2 Likes

@jeromey I know what you mean. I’ve been using a 2008 iPod touch and a connected speaker to play my sound at night and I truly hoped that I would be free of this set up. I don’t mind supporting start ups and Mom and Pops but I do mind the seemingly lack of transparency when it was discovered that it would not be able to side load audio at launch. I do not believe it was done with malice but it could have and should have been handled differently in my opinion. I will hold out because I paid a premium and on general stubborn principal I will not relegate the Harmony to the sidelines.

4 Likes

I also bought the Harmony thinking it could do this (the messaging on the product page is not entirely clear).

What I have found is that when I connect the Harmony to my computer and start Android File Transfer, I get a file browser with 1 MP3 already on the device (a song by Nick Lewis). I’ve added an MP3 of my own along side it, but unfortunately the device doesn’t pick it up.

I know how much can go into a software release, but it looks like most of the functionality is already there. It just needs to be exposed through the UI. And I am assuming they want to build a 1st party solution for managing content rather than relying on Android File Transfer (which works perfectly fine, but I get it).

5 Likes

@bastiaanterhorst Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Uploading audio files to Mudita Harmony is not fully functional yet. It’s designed to work with Mudita Center & we are finalizing the functionality. It’s scheduled to be released in a future update in a few weeks. We’re sorry for the confusion. I’ve notified our team about this & that the info on the website should be more clear for customers.

4 Likes

Hello Urszula,
When you say in a few weeks do you mean by March? Also will the update also be applied to the Pure (as in the ability to add one’s own sounds as ringtones)?

4 Likes

@skilletsauce It’s very difficult to say. Our team is currently fixing some bugs which came to light when testing this feature.
As you know, this feature is untended to work with Mudita Center, so it requires those two system to work well together. We were getting ready to release the feature, but discovered some bugs, We made the decision to fix the bugs before release. It’s shouldn’t take too long.

4 Likes

I would like to suggest the possibility of having multi-alarms. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@roberto So, you would like to have the ability to, let’s say, two separate alarms?
This way, you can, for instance, wake up at 7am & the be reminded to take the dog for the afternoon walk, at, let’s say 1pm.
Am I understanding this correctly?

4 Likes

Precisely! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello Urszula,
I just received the 1.6.0 update on my Pure and the Mudita center has been updated to 1.7.0 so my question is will the Harmony update be coming soon; if so any eta? At this point I would actually take an Alpha version of file uploading so that I could listen to my sleep sounds on my Harmony and possibly change the ringer on the Pure to a loud, old fashioned ringtone.

4 Likes