Mudita Bell Update: Finalizing the details

@Daniel_Hall Thank you so much for your interest in our products. For now, the Mudita Bell is still in the development phase. When we launch the Mudita Pure phone, we will reveal more details on the launch date of our other products.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @urszula. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

This is exciting. I love that you are stripping back whilst the rest of the world seems to be adding more and more constant ‘connectivity’. I’ve looked and looked, and there’s very little like this available, this is the closest I have found: https://www.amazon.com/Salubrion-Enso-Asari-Timer-Oyster/dp/B005QAC8KY that serves what I have been seeking. For me:

• I’d prefer something that is travel friendly. Or 2 models perhaps, one with more functionality, and one that’s small and compact (as per the Enso).
  • Stripped back is good
  • Low EMF and magnetic radiation
  • Gentle warm back light (on demand) for night,
  • Gentle alarms - accoustic, or nature sounds
  • Rechargeable
  • No wifi, bluetooth connectivity
  • Countdown timer
  • EInk display
  • Beautiful

I think you’ve already incorporated most of these but anyway, thought I’d suggest

1 Like

@tivan Thank you for your input. We admire your commitment to living a more digitally mindful lifestyle. Our mission is to build a movement of conscious tech users & looks like you’re already on your way :slight_smile: Welcome :slight_smile:

I cannot wait for this product. Just this week I thought about recommitting to getting outside and getting sunlight in my eyes at first light at sunrise. This is recommended by every health person and biohacker out there. I looked up the sunrise time in my city, and was confused…they listed a “sunrise” time as wELL as a “first light” time, which was about 30 minutes earlier than the “sunrise” time. I don’t know if this is really a good fit for Mudita, but I thought how nice it would be if my alarm clock did the work for me, and woke me up at whichever time (sunrise or first light?) is the best for those of us who want to get that special light in the morning into our eyes. I feel this would be a programming nightmare - and would make the product way more complicated as one would have to choose their time zone and location, etc, and on’t know how it would really work as this product is thankfully not connected to the internet via wireless, but anyway, it would be cool. but since the sunrise time changes throughout the year (especially with daylight savings, which i do not like!!!) i would need to know what time i’m going to be waking up, to make sure it is not too late in the summer. would be cool to see what time the sunrise will be on the face…but that would clutter the face. sorry for all the ramblings, but i just think the benefits of getting outside and getting sunlight into one’s eyes, without any glasses or windows filtering out the special light, are so great that this is really worth some consideration as to how we can all best make this more automatic in our lives that we are waking up with the sun.

2 Likes

@Felicia_Hobert I also love waking up at dawn, especially in the early spring when sunrise coincides with my usual wake-up time. In late fall & winter, I’m up waaaaay before sunrise :slight_smile: But you’re right, with more than 24 times zones in the world, (with some countries having half hour time zones), programming sunrise alarms could prove to be problematic :slight_smile: That said, it’s quite easy to keep track of the sunrise & sunset times ourselves without addition gimmicks & gadgets which do the work for us :slight_smile: For me, it’s more of a mindfulness exercise to think about the sunset & sunrise every day and recognize my surroundings and the seasons as the times change and the days become shorter or longer throughout the year. Rather than going on “autopilot” and having a device figure it our for me, I take the time to acknowledge the day getting shorter or longer as I make a point to witness a sunrise or sunset every day.

2 Likes

sorry if i’m being thick-headed, but i don’t know how to predict what time the sun will rise each day, as it changes… according to biohackers, it is imperative to get outside and get the very early sunrise light into your eyes without barriers between your eyes and the light, such as glasses, windows, etc. How could I possibly guess what time the sun is going to rise each morning? Maybe there is a simple mathematical formula I can use to calculate how many minutes earlier it will rise each day?

2 Likes

I’m very excited about this product. Pairing it with my Mudita Pure — I’m wondering if a device like this will connect to wi-fi to at least make sure time is completely accurate and get very basic information like the weather report?

With the Pure’s limitations, having a clean e-ink device like the Bell tell me the weather for the day would allow me to prepare for the day without even having to look at an LCD screen.

I’m also curious if this will have any subtle light for when all the lights are off? It’d be great to be able to softly see what time it is on it at any time!

Hello, I see “textbook_quest”'s message. Although I respect textbook_Quest, I REALLY hope that this alarm clock DOES NOT have wireless tech built in! For me, that would be an absolute dealbreaker…even if there was a button to ‘turn off the wireless’. We need our bedrooms to be EMF-free for health reasons. Thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

Agreed. Some basic sensors as temperature and humidity and I think it is enough. Keep it simple. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Felicia_Hobert Perhaps it’s too much to ask at this stage — with such an early company — but maybe offer a version with very basic wi-fi capabilities (for accurate time, weather, perhaps calendar syncing) for those who aren’t terribly concerned with EMF. Make it $50 or so more.

Definitely appreciate your position — just spitballing! :smiley:

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert I actually buy a wall calendar every year with the sunrise & sunset time printed for each day. This way I know that if tomorrow the sun raises :at 7:41am in Warsaw, Poland, I make sure to go outside right before. You can also look up the sunset & sunrise times for your city on the internet. https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/poland/warsaw
Personally, I LOVE my wall calendar, but you can print out each month for your city. Hopefully this helps. Happy rising :slight_smile: :sunny: :sunrise:

1 Like

oh my! where do you find such a calendar or do you make it yourself?

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert I actually bought my calendar. It has both sunrise/sunset times as well as moonrise/moonset. However, I think since I live in Poland & we only have one time zone it’s much easier to produce such products. You can always print one yourself. I did that for years before I moved to Poland. You can go to https://www.sunrisesunset.com/predefined.asp Just find your city & go :slight_smile: Hopefully this helps. Enjoy!

1 Like

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THANK YOU!!! Amazing calendar maker!!

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert You’re very welcome :slight_smile: Enjoy the sunrise :sunrise:

Oh wow. In so excited for the Mudita Bell. I have a serious problem with checking my phone first thing and this could definitely help.

1 Like

@artistinct I’ve removed my smart phone from my bedroom altogether. I use an old dumb phone as an alarm. I can’t wait for Mudita Bell. It will be a game changer!

2 Likes