MMS Capabilities?

I realize Mudita will have SMS capabilities, but I’m curious if it will also have MMS capabilities, like picture texting/emojis/GIFs? I know this would be limited by the e-ink screen, but I’m just curious.

2 Likes

Hi @Sam_Guzman, Mudita Pure won’t have MMS capabilities.

1 Like

Hi Tiffany.

Thanks for everything you’re doing.

As a follow up, is the lack of MMS a restriction of content display or protocol?

I’ve had had some handsets reject (seemingly) plain text messages that were sent by other parties as MMS. Is the plan to block such a message altogether or just strip the incompatible content from the text?

1 Like

I am so curious what will happen when somebody sends to me MMS if Mudita Pure doesn’t have MMS capabilities.

from previous experience, you will likely receive a message that has some coding type characters, and the phone number who sent the mms will be in that coding somewhere

2 Likes

Hey,
Thanks for reaching our with your questions!
I can confirm that @joel is correct. What you will see when someone sends you an MMS are small, empty squares.
But, you will be able to send emoticons. ; - )

2 Likes

Thanks for answer. So Multimedia Message will disappear in the middle of nowhere and we won’t able to see it when connected to internet or via desktop app?

Hi @lara,
As to talk about MMS, if someone sends you a long text message at MMS, it will be divided into a few SMS. If a photo is sent to you, you will now receive an empty SMS.
We are working to ensure that these messages are not lost forever.

Have a great day,
Joanna

2 Likes