Meet the Mudita Team

Hey there, Forum Community!

We at Mudita believe that building connections and fostering a sense of community is the way to go.

In this thread, we invite members of the Mudita team to introduce themselves and share a bit about who they are, what they do at Mudita, and their passions and interests outside of work. I want you to get to know the diverse individuals who are working behind the scenes.

Here’s an idea of how these posts could look like, but feel free to freestyle:

• What’s your name, role at Mudita, when did you join the company?
  • What does your typical day at work look like?
  • Who are you when you’re not at work?
  • What matters to you?
  • Name one food that you hate but would like to love. Explain why?

To get the ball rolling, I’ll start in the next post. We can’t wait to hear from each and every one of you!

2 Likes

Aaand as promised:
Name’s Aleksander (no surprise there) and I’m part of Mudita’s Community Squad – the team responsible for this Forum, among other initiatives. My Mudita adventure started in March this year. :slight_smile:
My day at work (at Mudita) would start with reading through whatever is new on the Forum and checking my Slack messages. There’s always a newsletter to write, posts to reply to, workflows and procedures to map out. I try to carve out a moment to look at memes my colleagues post in the #random Slack channel.
When I’m not at work, I’m usually either at one of my other jobs (teaching yoga & running a foundation) or chilling at home or at my neighbourhood cafe where I met @urszula (think Central Perk). I’m also a proud dog dad – my baby Maca is a little eye in my head (a word-to-word translation of a Polish expression meaning she is really important to me).
I care about my family (the one I was born into and the one I chose, too), diversity, wellbeing. I am fond of nice design and can appreciate the finer things in life.

• Name one food that you hate but would like to love. Explain why?
    OK is it food? Let’s say it is. TEA. I have tried so many times to like tea. Just can’t. It’s like coffee on steroids for me, doesn’t taste that good and I am over trying to befriend it. I do love herbal infusions though.

And now let me nominate… @adamgwarek to share a bit about himself. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oooooh, I get to talk about myself :slight_smile:

My name is Urszula (but everyone close to me calls me Ula), I joined Mudita in 2020 in the middle of the pandemic. So I’ve been here for around 3 years. At Mudita, I wear several hats: the Forum Community Manager/ Copywriter/ Translator
What does your typical day at work look like?
There is no typical day for me. Everyday is different. However, it all starts & ends with the FORUM.
Who are you when you’re not at work?
I’m a mom to Misiek, my fur-baby, who’s not only a source of inspiration, but he’s also my muse. Check out my blog:

What matters to you?
Being happy & healthy and finding work-life balance.
That said, I really strive for balance in my life. I love traveling & spending time with people close to me. I like experiencing life. I think life is one endless adventure :slight_smile:

Name one food that you hate but would like to love. Explain why?
Gazpacho. It does nothing for me. It’s cold tomato juice. Why ruin tomatoes in such a way?

3 Likes

I hadn’t noticed the nomination @aleksander , I hope I’m still not too late to the party :grin:

My name is Adam and I only recently joined the Mudita team. At work, my main role is focused around gathering insights from our community members and surfing the world wide web :man_surfing: to identify the most important features that you would like to see included in our products. You have any interesting ideas? Hit me up.

Apart from that I’m also an active member of our community forum team (you might have noticed ;))

When it comes to my personal life, I’ve always been drawn to explore topics such as meditation, psychology and spirituality. Back in 2009, while I was still at uni, I started attending lectures in Huna (Hawaiian Shamanism), which I participated in for close to 3 years. The person lecturing us was very wise (an older gentleman) and he himself brought the knowledge back from Hawaii. It’s quite interesting how closely this school of thought and tradition relates to modern day psychology in many ways.

While this interest still remains to this very day, apart from that I’ve also been practicing martial arts on and off since 2005 and I recently started attending Animal Flow, which I find very fascinating.

To finish up I will also add I’m vegetarian and don’t drink alcohol since 2019 :grin:

4 Likes

@urszula & @adamgwarek thank you :star_struck:
How about you decide who goes next…?

3 Likes

I nominate @justyna_latoszek :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, I’m Justyna, and I’m an incorrigible procrastinator who got nominated… some time ago! I joined Mudita a year ago, and together with my teams, we ensure that our community is satisfied with Mudita’s products and services. The client is the only boss! :slight_smile: Thanks for being here and your support <3

My typical workday starts with greeting every person in the company in every room (even if the room is empty :>). Sometimes, I end up running late for the first meeting before I reach my desk on the top floor. But I have no regrets, and I already have my steps and floor goals for the day accomplished. Then I try not to be late for the rest of the meetings, and @Sharaz , whom I nominate to respond in this thread, is a great help in that <3

I play games. I enjoy playing games. And I also like reading books, but only after I stop playing the game.

What’s important to me? Family. They are the most important. And for people to be good to each other.

There’s no food that I don’t like. I’d prefer not to like all that food. :):):slight_smile:

2 Likes