Limit Network band to 2g only

Please is there a way like dialing secret code to make mudita 2g only that will make battery last more on low signal areas

4 Likes

If I read this correctly in the forum, a manual switching should be possible with one of the later updates. I’m not sure if it was about 2g, 3G, LTE or about the “power” of the antenna, so that the reception is better, which is then at the expense of the SAR value.
But I’d rather have a slightly higher SAR value in certain situations than a very poor signal.

5 Likes

@marko The team is working on this option. Also, with the subsequent updates, the battery life should improve.

4 Likes

Is there anything new on this already? Will it be possible to select the network, i.e. 2G, 3G or 4G, with one of the next updates? I recently saw this in Punkt MP02 and think it’s really good that you can simply switch depending on your location. Sometimes there are places where you have better reception with 2G and others with 4G.

5 Likes

@marko Mudita Pure automatically selects the signal which has the best reception. Considering that various carriers have made announcements that 2G & 3G technology is in the process of being shut down, or have already shut down, so that carriers can re-use the frequencies for newer technologies- I’m not sure if having this option would be helpful in the long run, but I could be wrong. I will ask our team about this & get back to you.

3 Likes

in some countries we dont have a reliebale 4G and the phone switches every now and then to 2G and 3G, and in the future we might this phone replaced. we care about now!

4 Likes

@Amr_Osman
As of August 2023, the following countries have shutdown 2G & 3G technology:

• Taiwan (2G, 2018)
  • Hong Kong (2G, 2019)
  • Singapore (3G, 2019)
  • Malaysia (3G, 2022)
  • Czech Republic (3G, 2021)
  • Germany (3G, 2021)
  • Denmark (3G, 2023)
  • Slovakia (3G, 2023)
  • Greece (3G, 2023)
  • Hungary (3G, 2023)
  • Sweden (3G, 2023)

A number of other countries have announced plans to shutdown 2G & 3G technology in the near future, including:

• United States (2G & 3G, 2023)
  • Canada (2G & 3G, 2023)
  • United Kingdom (3G, 2023)
  • Australia (2G, 2024)
  • New Zealand (2G, 2024)
  • South Korea (3G, 2025)
  • Japan (3G, 2025)

The shutdown of 2G & 3G technology is being driven by a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of 4G and 5G networks, the rising cost of maintaining older networks, and the need to free up spectrum for new uses.

Perhaps in Egypt it’s not the case, but the countries where PURE has the most users, the the transition is already begun we’re just trying to keep up with the changing network landscape. As you know, the PURE antenna is not as powerful as others, (due to the low SAR) so we really need to be focused on the most efficient frequencies.

3 Likes

My understanding has been that all three major carriers in the USA shut down 3G by 31 December 2022. I assumed that they already had shut down 2G before that date. I would love to see proof to the contrary, but I believe that the USA now supports only 4G and 5G.

4 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd I’ve read that you can still find 2G GSM service in some rural areas. T-mobile still has some 2G service:
Interestingly, 3G network coverage is no longer available in the USA.

Their website states that T-Mobile will shut down its 2G network in the United States on April 2, 2024 .

4 Likes

I personally keep my phone in offline mode (currently an iPhone while I wait to see if the new Pure will suit). I turn airplane mode off several times a day to check - more like a portable answering machine and phone booth than an always available cell phone. If I am trying to rendezvous or waiting to hear from someone, I leave it on. But I use a land line as well! Sorry for people to young to decipher any of the above!

5 Likes

Rather neat idea to be able to dial the power up or down.

I’m hoping the standby radiation can be reduced to nothing if the constant pinging is mineralized or eliminated.

4 Likes