Just sold my pure

Put it up locally and someone bought it within the hour. I was going to throw it out because its become too much of an obsession for me and has left me always feeling frustrated. Needed a clean break and I got it…giving the Punkt another go around :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

2 Likes

Just bought this baby. The color looks like the Mudita so it will be with me in spirit lol

2 Likes

@cardio79 Oh that’s so sad! I know it probably was hard to let it go.

No not really lol. It became too much of an addictive obsession to get it to work. For my own mental health I had to get rid of it lol

1 Like

Are you in the US? The reliability of the Pure is still an issue for me and so am considering alternatives.

I am in Canada , it was unreliable, I just could not use it. I have been using the Punkt and the Cat S22 flip and they have been fantastic. I only use the Cat S22 flip on trips, other than that the sim stays in my Punkt, I use the Cat to listen to podcasts etc. The browser is disabled and so is email. Again only use those if I am on a trip. This has been life changing for me. The only time I spend online is at work. If I do go online on my laptop, after work hours my time online is under and hour a day easily. Love being disconnected!

2 Likes

It IS great to be disconnected!

I have been going back and forth on the Pure and an iPhone 8 . I use the iPhone to take pictures and send on WhatsApp or attach to emails but those are far less frequent before. It always seems to be a slippery on the iPhone even with data disabled. Now I go online on my laptop and it is far less time.

1 Like

Yeah I was struggling with that the most. I had significantly decreased my screen time on a smartphone by getting rid of it or switching to the Cat but I transferred that addiction to my laptop but now I barely spend any time on it. As I get older and older this is the life I am going to choose. I want to disconnect from technology and only use it when I absolutely need to. The disconnected life is just a better life. I was on a 3 day trip with my family and I had my Cat phone with me and I was barely ever on it. It sat in my pocket with text messaging blocked using the freedom blocker app and I was just present with my wife and kids while everyone around me was constantly on their phones on the resort at dinner, on the elevator, smart phones are a DISEASE

1 Like

The disconnected life is indeed the better life. I switched back and forth between the pure and iPhone a few times last year and always felt relief to be disconnected. The impulse to check weather and email just goes away and often I find I can either look it up on my laptop if I need to, which may be once a day, or I don’t need to at all… As I get older and I recognize that time and energy are precious and limited, it seems pointless to me to be sucked into a screen. I used to feel it an obligation to be in on group texts with other moms for homeschool reasons, but I am now finding that to be mostly idle chatter and cause stress, and not really about getting necessary info. Anyway, all this typing is to say what I used to think was necessary is not at all.
It is also a great example for the kids to see their parent choosing not to be on a phone constantly.

1 Like

Could not agree more. Obviously, depending on your job it may be impossible to go completely smartphone free but we don’t need technology as much as we think we do. As I said during the week my main phone is the Punkt and I never feel like I need a smartphone on me to get by in day to day life. The smartphone is such a drain on us mentally, its this obligation you carry around with you all day that literally SUCKS the power from your brain. My wife just got the new iphone and I just get physically sick looking at it lol

2 Likes

A few years ago before I knew feature phones were even a thing, my dad passed his old iPhone X to me, and my eyes and forehead would hurt when I used it, even for a little bit. This got me thinking about smartphones in general.
Fortunately for me, my toddler dropped the phone and it broke, and I reverted back to an older model. I have found this experience when I use people’s phone to do something for them.

1 Like

@catan I just started a thread about “iPad kids” - you might find it interesting:

1 Like