Issue with Harmony

I am having an issue with the white noise. When I set it on loop there are times when it turns on and off and wakes me off. Is this a defect?

2 Likes

@cardio79 Are you turning it off? Because if you do set it on loop, the audio will play until you turn it off. Some of the colors of noise can be quite faint in certain parts, so it may be barely audible, but then they go up in volume.
Or do you mean that you to physically turn it off AND after you turn it off, it turns on by itself in the middle of the night?

To be honest, I have both the original Harmony & Harmony 2 & I’ve never had that happen to me, and it’s the first time I’ve heard of something like this happening. Let me ask our customer service if anyone else reported something like this, but I think you may be the first.

1 Like

I set it to loop just like that, and its still stopping and starting, its not a big deal because I usually have a fan on for white noise anyways

1 Like

@cardio79 It’s starting by itself? Or starting when it’s looping? Because I’m not sure I understand what is happening.
If it’s set to LOOP. It will stop at the end of the noise time (which is usually 10-15min. Then it will start up again, unless you turn it off.

@cardio79 Our Customer Service just got back to me & said we’ve never had a report of a Harmony starting a sound by itself. So, it may that some of sounds start or end (or both) silently, and since you have it set on LOOP- it will keep playing until you turn it off. Infinitely :slight_smile:
Also, if the recording isn’t uniform across its entire length and has a silent start/end then maybe you’re thinking it turned off, but then it starts up again. That might explain it.

1 Like

@cardio79 We just tested it & Just as expected, the sound fades out when the recording ends and starts right back again. The fade-out does indeed result in a brief moment of silence, probably lasting about a second, maybe even less. Then it starts back up & keeps going.

1 Like

Oh that must be it, I thought if you set it to loop it just means it keeps going forever

1 Like

K then I won’t have it on because that pause wakes me up lol

1 Like

This thread hurt my brain but I now understand it.
It’s the same with the nature reserve one that I LOVE, after 15 minutes it goes silent and begins again (on 30 minute loop). I should imagine the original recording is about 15 minutes long. I will visit this nature reserve one day.

3 Likes

@mnrkr74 I’m glad you found it useful :smiley:

2 Likes