Is true privacy actually dead or dying?

2 Likes

There are big things going on in Europe outside of the UK as well.

1 Like

I feel like this deserves a post here – I’ve always been a little bit creeped out by the DNA databases.
Modern tech in service of racism.

it’s worth noting that data of users of Chinese descent was stolen too

2 Likes

I used CCleaner a LOT when I had Windows 10 years ago.

2 Likes
1 Like

Apparently, in some cars, when you connect a “smart” device to the car’s infotainment system, the car’s infotainment system takes copies of all of the text messages and call logs on the “smart” device and sends this data to the car manufacturer. Allegedly the car manufacturer then on-sells this data to third parties.

There is a lawyer in the US who made a video about it, as a class action was brought against several car manufacturers in the US.

1 Like

@user1, a recent article said that rental-car companies (Hertz, Avis et al.) often will find 50 or more car renters’ call logs, etc., in a rental car’s infotainment system when they prepare the car for sale.

1 Like

IMEI and IMSI

@kirkmahoneyphd I literally just had this experience. On a recent trip, we rented a car with one of the built-in navigation systems which are standard right now. While going through the interface, to make sure we knew how to use it before we drove off, we noticed that there were people’s contacts stored in the system, as well as call logs, since the drivers before us sync their cell phones to the computer system.

1 Like

During research for my book, I found that using Alexa’s voice command triggers 246 contracts that we have had to accept in order to use it. These contracts transfer our rights and data to countless, often unidentified, parties. For example, they frequently refer to “affiliates.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

“People’s lives will be saved, by the law."

2 Likes

Technology certainly has the ability to promote shadow / dark/ devious behaviours in people - but there is also abundant nature all around us which promotes the light /empathic / caring / nurturing within humans.
If you feel you have a choice, know that it is your choice which creates your feeling in the world.

1 Like

“Encrypted” messenger sent messages in plain text

1 Like

Here is a follow-up to @aleksander’s post:

2 Likes

This is my worst nightmare come true. That’s why I reuse to do a DNA test to find out my ancestry. My curiosity is not that strong. I can live without knowing about my 3rd cousin, twice removed LOL :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This made me literally LOL :slight_smile: I love The Babylon Bee :slight_smile: They are so on-point with a lot of their satire.

1 Like

I’m unsure if the NSA will know these “God Secrets.” :smile:

PS: @urszula , please check your messages. :slight_smile:

1 Like