Improvements of the MuditaOS Community workflow

Hi there!
I am one of the developers responsible for handling the community on our GitHub repository and came out with the idea of collecting any thoughts and ideas that you may get during contribution to the MuditaOS. Is there any brave developer who wants to share the conclusions of the community workflow?
Please notice, that despite answering GH comments I’m also available here on the forum, so if you have any problems with merging your PR - I am here to help you :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll bump that topic as there is no response :frowning:

1 Like

One definite improvement that could be made is the asset download requirement.

• The “quickstart” guide does not mention the assets.
  • Building unit tests requires assets.
  • Building the Linux phone simulator requires proprietary assets.
  • The process to actually getting access to the assets is unclear.

Honestly, there should be an option for configure that enables you to use non-proprietary assets. My understanding is that the bootloader is fully proprietary which makes me wonder why you aren’t using uboot which has support for the particular MCU being used.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for writing down your thoughts!
A proprietary bootloader is being used for securing the device during boot time. I think that it is possible to adapt uboot to work with Pure thus giving the community an open-sourced alternative. We don’t deny releasing our bootloader to the public in the future though.
I’m on the way to fixing the problem of the private assets, but handling community is my side-job, that’s why it take so much time :frowning:
If there’s anything you’d like to change - feel free to write it down :wink:

1 Like

@Bartosz_sp2fet Welcome back to the Community after your short holiday. We missed you & your tech expertise here. :smiley:

1 Like

@gravis
Hello! You might be interested in recent changes :slight_smile:
More info in separate thread

2 Likes