I'm considering buying a desktop phone

The following product got my attention because I could reinstate a ‘landline’ in my house but use a sim card instead. This desktop phone runs Android so it could also run WhatsApp and Signal etc., literally putting apps on a leash.

What’s stopping me is that I often use WhatsApp while travelling abroad, because then I circumvent expensive call rates. WhatsApp is one of the culprits forcing me to smartphone life.

5 Likes

Looks nice. I would install a looooooong cable… then I could put it on my lap to play with it…:grimacing::rofl:

And now seriously….
I have now a dumbphone with WhatsApp… ( I ditched my smartphone ) my next step is to slowly let go of WhatsApp.
If I want to connect with people, I will text them, or just give them a call.:wink:

3 Likes

My main use for WhatsApp are all the ‘parents groups’. There is one such group for each class and also for each hobby. Last-minute or urgent communications are only done through WhatsApp. Class cancelled? Class finishes earlier? Better check your WhatsApp to know!

3 Likes

Of course… it is whatsapp is used almost everywhere. And unfortunally also in schools.
There are schools in the Netherlands where you have to have a smartphone ( School App ) because "every child has a smartphone nowadays ".

But people seem to forget, that they cán take a stand about it. They have a choice! But they don`t do it because it is convenient.

And that is the whole culprit these days…everything is convenient, so why bother?1?
( the reason why we are sinking down in this technological rabbithole, and people even don`t see it…until it is to late… )

That is why i made this choice, and not just follw blindly. ( it is not an act off protest, but just seeing where all this is going, and choose not to participate in it )

3 Likes