I wrote a blog series about shrinking my digital footprint

This is a project I started a number of years ago, but I’m still working on it, and I hope that the Mudita will help shape the next chapter. I talk about my battles with phone addiction, my gripes with planned obsolescence, and the skills I’ve lost over the years due to over-dependence on on-demand digital infrastructure and my attempts to get them back. Hopefully it inspires and entertains some of you! I don’t blog very much anymore, but I do plan to continue documenting the more interesting places that “going analog” takes me.

Here is the first post, written back in 2016: https://zerowastemillennial.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/going-analog-part-1/

You can read other installments here: https://zerowastemillennial.wordpress.com/tag/going-analog/

(I hope this is OK to post, Mudita!)

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I am excited to dive deep on your journey. I like your resources tab a ton!

4 Likes

@boneblack Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. As we all know, technology has made it easier than ever to fracture our attention into smaller and smaller pieces. It’s always interesting to hear from people, like you, who share their journey and commitment to living a more digitally mindful lifestyle. We really appreciate your feedback. Make sure to come back & share your progress.

4 Likes

Thank you!
As a note: I know in the last post I wrote, I wrote about being optimistic about the Light Phone… obviously, my optimism has since fallen flat! I look forward to writing about the Mudita first chance I get.

3 Likes

@boneblack We are happy to hear that you have become a true Mudita fan! Thank you for all your kind words & support.

1 Like

Glad to see more and more joining in last night i ordered a second device for my son using the code i wanted to get in while the code would still give me the totsl 10 percent off my 18yo son wanted to ditch his smartphone and who am i to say no to that as a dad :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Your blog topic sounds very interesting, I’ll have an eye on it. Maybe I can use it as a guide for myself, as I want to become a digital escapist myself in many more aspects.

Here I would like to take the opportunity to share something myself. For me the Mudita Pure symbolizes getting back some control, standing up for myself in this crazy, technology-obsessed world. So I got creative with the product name the other day, as a way to vent, to get out all my past and current frustration. I’m no professional and no native English speaker, so the poem probably has its shortcomings.

Must I
Divert from modernity
Tactically;
Purely to
Re-claim myself?

Let’s do our best at going analog :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I forgot to mention: I like the way you have structured your blog into the different areas of a house (and others). Really makes it easy to navigate to the topics that are of personal interest! While I love these kind of blogs, so many are hard to use because they are so cluttered and just put everything in one big pot - if you get what I mean.

2 Likes