I Doubt This Would Work But: Ridesharing?

I would have no problem switching to a phone that has no camera and no social media. The one thing that would possibly prevent me from going all in is that I use Lyft and Uber a lot, but I am guessing this wouldn’t really be doable as the Mudita is currently planned, no?

4 Likes

Hi @Cris_Edwards, it’s true that ridesharing won’t be possible using the apps you’ve mentioned as Mudita Pure won’t connect to the internet. Some taxi services might appreciate that some people still call them though. It might not be as convenient but it might help a small business.

3 Likes

I use Uber a lot too. Hmm, I will probably use my smartphone when I need those kinds of apps and then when I am away somewhere or at home I’ll try a classic phone. It’s hard when you get used to using something so often. Breaking away from convenience is kind of frustrating.

4 Likes

That is a good idea, a lot of people plan on using Pure as a secondary phone.

3 Likes

These kinds of features could emerge by themselves if you let innovators contribute to your software by having an free and open sourced OS :wink:

You are right though to have it your own way and not to bend to mainstream trends such as Uber. I will follow your project and company closely, since it seems to have gotten a lot of things right so far.

1 Like