Hypothetical Signal messenger features

I don’t want any non-privacy-focused messaging app built into the next Mudita cellphone.

Look up Rob Braxman’s video about Session to learn why Signal, Telegram, and WhatsApp focus on encryption but NOT on privacy, whereas Session focuses on both encryption AND privacy.

As I posted elsewhere, I vote for a de-Googled ASOP AOSP for the next Mudita cellphone, so that those of us who care about privacy in our messaging can install the Session APK. Thanks for asking!

3 Likes

One imporant thing I forgot. Telegram and Signal allow me to freely communicate with friends and close family abroad… SMSes are expensive.

2 Likes

Does Signal have a call feature like Whatsapp? How reliable is it?

Yes, it does have a call feature and it’s the default way I use to speak to family and friends in the States.

1 Like

@skilletsauce That’s Great. Thanks for the info.
I will definitely bring this up with our team. I love Mudita Pure, but the cost of calling my parents, who live in the US, is pretty high. That’s why I still use my Blackberry. It’s just much more cost effective for me.

1 Like

This is exactly my concern: International calls. A must for any of my phones now that my best friend is living in a far away country.

Some kind of chat via Internet would be nice, but please something that does not rely on central servers, like DeltaChat :slight_smile:

See also the topic /t/voip-sip-configuration-feature/3486/4

3 Likes