How long will single battery charge last?

For how long will Pure be able to hold charge on average?

4 Likes

Thanks for your question @alexlya.
According to our engineering team, it should last about two weeks.

10 Likes

This sounds great!
Have these estimates been verified in real life with some production-near devices?
I’m asking, because most times reality differs from the engineering calculations as soon as you leave the testing lab and run the final software on the final hardware…

4 Likes

Thanks @steven!
Yes, as far as I know the battery life was tested using the prototypes, in real life.

5 Likes

Two weeks? Yay! More freedom!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If true, that’s about 24 times a year. Sounds like a miracle.

2 Likes

Here’s some more info about the battery: We performed battery capacity degradation tests, and based on the results it is estimated that ONLY 10% of battery capacity will be lost after 5 years of usage (assuming 1 full charge-discharge cycle per week).

4 Likes

Sounds great from my perspective. Thank you very much for more info! It would be nice to be able to purchase official batteries from you guys after 5-10 years, to keep things sustainable. Not sure how realistic that wish is.

2 Likes

@alexlya It’s VERY realistic. We plan on having spare batteries available for sale on our website soon. Probably right when Pure launches, next month.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Given that that article is now more than 4.5 years old, I wonder whether the man still uses that 3310. The fact that he never replaced the battery in 17 years was my favorite part of the story!

3 Likes

@jameshjacksonjr I love this story. This is my hope for Mudita Pure & its battery!

4 Likes

i wonder if he still uses it too but 17 years is good seeing how 2g is going away in many places maybe he will just update to a 4G phone wish there was a way to contact him as the pure could be his next 17 year phone

2 Likes

same im planning to use my pure until we are forced off 4G someday then ill buy a 5G pure or what ever pure model comes out at that time

2 Likes