Having trouble setting up Pure with a SIM card

Hey, I got my Pure on Wednesday and have been messing around with it. It appears to work fine without a SIM, but whenever I put in a sim into slot 1 or 2, it completely freezes and nothing works. I’m using T-Mobile here in the US and have attached a video showing what’s wrong. help would be appreciated. thanks

3 Likes

Awesome you are here James. I get my unit from another user who is loaning it to me this weekend. So if I find a way to help. I’ll come back here.

1 Like

I had this same exact issue with T-mobile, USA. Constant crashing.
Tried my wife’s T-mobile SIM card and it worked just fine. Went to the T-mobile store, and got a replacement SIM for free. Recognized and worked after that.

3 Likes

Awesome. Good to know it was a SIM issue.

2 Likes

Did this today and it solved the issue - thanks for the tip :grinning:

4 Likes

Just to summarize & make sure I understand this correctly, in case others have this issue:
Sometimes, the fix is to get a NEW SIM CARD? As in a replacement SIM card with the same number or a completely NEW sim card?

SIM replacement with same #

1 Like

Thanks for the post @jvscholz. My Mudita Pure just arrived, I added my existing SIM card, and had the exact same issue.
Now I need to order up a replacement SIM card. At least I know.

1 Like

I just got my Mudita Pure and I’m loving it so far but I’m having trouble getting my sim card to read and actually get connected to the network. It is the T-mobile network as well. Anybody run into that particular problem. It could very well be user error :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! If you scroll up, then you can see that someone’s solution is to go to a T-Mobile store for a new SIM card for the same telephone number. I hope that helps.

2 Likes

Wonderful. I wasn’t sure it was the same issue as the freezing phone. Thanks for the input, I’ll try that

3 Likes

Pure owners in Nigeria have this privacy-invasion reason that a SIM card will not work:

1 Like

On my Mudita Pure, it would not recognize the sim card in slot 1, but it did in slot 2. Incoming call worked fine. Figuring out how to import my phone contacts into the mudita. If anyone knows, please share. Thanks

1 Like

@why Thanks for letting us know. When you get a chance, download Mudita Center & please send logs to our Mudita devs vis Mudita Center. This helps our devs recreate the situation & find a solution. Here are the instructions: