Happy Easter! What, how, why do you celebrate?

Happy Easter folks!
Is it a time of celebration for you? What are your family’s traditions?
Have you ever thought about the why of it all? The reasons behind what and how we celebrate? Be it Easter, st Valentine’s, Thanksgiving or anything else – a traditional weekly family outing.
I’m curious to know your thoughts and ideas.

But first, let me share a Mudita moment (not the Moment :wink: ) with you: our team’s little celebration. Eggs, sausage, mazurek (traditional Easter cake here in Poland), but also some traditional kosher lePesach matzo – it’s the first day of Passover in the Jewish calendar and our teammates are people of different backgrounds and beliefs.

Again: Happy Easter & Hag Pesach sameach :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Thank you, Mudita, for celebrating the Judeo-Christian foundations of Western civilization. Your post reminded me of the book How Christianity Changed the World, which includes these chapters:

2 Likes

In Poland, the Monday after Easter is also a public holiday. We call it Śmigus-dyngus.
A few years back, Anderson Cooper did a little segment on it.
I have to admit, it did make me giggle :slight_smile: Check out the segment below.

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd Thanks for sharing the book. It looks very interesting.

1 Like

I don’t celebrate Easter because I don’t believe in a Religion (Although I believe there’s a higher Power and we’re not just here by luck). But I hope you all have a great time and can enjoy the few free days! Happy easter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here! :slight_smile: We are going to meet my son’s gran-grandmother and spend time with her (she is Catholic). But after that we are going to play Vallheim, all day long…

Thanks!
I believe that, for many people, Easter is not a religious/spiritual celebration at all :no_good_woman: but rather a fixed date to meet with family :people_hugging:
Still, almost all such occasions (in Poland at least) are rooted in religion.
Have you come up with any secular traditions for your inner circle? :face_with_monocle: I’m thinking family time every first Saturday of the month etc.

2 Likes