For the love of all the buttons

I wanted to share a news segment with you guys about a shift in technology design, highlighting the resurgence of physical buttons after nearly two decades dominated by touch screens.

It mentions It mentions how Apple revolutionized the industry by introducing touch screens, which then led to their widespread adoption in products ranging from smartphones and tablets to cars and household appliances. However, as the trend grew, so did user frustration.
Now, nearly two decades later, many consumers are expressing dissatisfaction with touch screens, finding them distracting and impractical, especially in cars where adjusting settings can increase the risk of accidents. Research supports this, showing that using touch screens while driving is 4.6 times more likely to result in crashes.

I find this topic fascinating because, I’ve noticed how people are wanting to take a step back from being so hyper-connected and having a screen in our face for the majority of our day. I believe that too many touch screens in everyday products contribute to “technology fatigue.”
Additionally, I think that the resurgence of physical buttons tells us A LOT about consumer preferences and the evolving relationship between humans and technology.

How do you guys see the future of tech evolving? Will there be a shift back towards more analog or tactile experiences, or will touch screens continue to dominate?

1 Like

I LOVE physical buttons, I thought you guys would have them on the Kompakt to be honest, was a bit surprised when it was touch screen but I think thats what the majority would prefer

2 Likes

@cardio79 There are buttons :slight_smile: The Offline+ Mode is a physical button :slight_smile:

hahahahahahaha, true

2 Likes

Have you guys released all the info regarding the apps? Are they anymore more apps being released? For me its the podcast feature that has me leaning towards the LP3 right now, but its the weather app that has me leaning toward you guys lol

2 Likes

@cardio79 stay with us, you’ll go further :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL, urszula you are the BEST…

2 Likes

I am glad has few buttons more :smiley: Physical things are vanishing, being digitazed (like tangeble music formats, nice packages with lyrics and art …) and feeling is not the same, and often quality is downgraded just for cheapness and convenience,

My hope is that there will be options for both - so many users will be happy in their choice and use of tech.

3 Likes